- Everybody Is Hating On The NBA's Sleeved Jerseys
- The Most Powerful Photo From The Sochi Winter Games
- Meet The World's Most Moronic Douche Bro: This UC Santa Barbara Fan
- Off The Grid: Rule Changes, Video Game Memories And Attempted Improv
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Stephen Jackson Sprained An Ankle By Falling On A Waitress Who Was Serving Michael Bloomberg
The San Antonio Spurs’ Stephen Jackson suffered an odd injury against the Knicks Thursday night when, after taking a three-pointer from the corner, he fell on…a waitress. Those are pretty unfortunate circumstances under which to get injured. Oh, she was also serving the mayor of New York City.
You can’t see Michael Bloomberg in the video, but the Spurs announcers did some prying, and we can take their word for it that it was indeed the billionaire mayor whose waitress Jackson fell on. Jackson missed this shot and went 0-for-2 on the night and the Knicks defeated the Spurs, 100-83, holding them to their lowest point total of the season. I guess that’s the kind of karma you get when you mess with Mr. Mayor.
Still, I can think of worse things.
[via Larry Brown Sports, Getty Images]
- NFL Breaks 65-Year-Old Scoring Record in 2013
- John Fox The Sixth Head Coach To Lead Two Franchises To Super Bowl
- Super Bowl XLVIII: Seattle Dominates Denver 43-8
- What Has Brett Favre Been Doing After Football?