- Our NBA Power Rankings: Once Again, Everyone Is Underestimating The Spurs
- The 86th Annual SportsGrid NFL Free Agency Awards
- Oh ... Oh No. Here's The Helmet An Arena League Team Will Be Wearing This Season
- The Iron Man Is An Author Again
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Steve Nash’s Leg Injury? Fracture.
Sorry for the sensational headline. Yes, Nash has a fracture in his leg, but it’s not quite that serious.
Nash did suffer a fracture, but it is specifically “a small non-displaced fracture in the head of his fibula.”
Nash is expected to be out a minimum of a week. Backup point guard Steve Blake will start in his place.
In case you missed the play that caused Nash’s injury:
This actually might be a blessing in disguise for the Lakers, who have started the season 0-3. If they continue to lose, they can blame it on Nash’s injury and coach Mike Brown’s job will be safe a little longer. Hard to justify firing Brown and hiring, say, Mike D’Antoni, when the guy you need to have healthy to make sure hiring a new coach is even worthwhile is out with a (slightly) broken leg.
Photo by Getty
- Trainer Robert Garcia Spills Marcos Maidana Secrets
- Marcos Maidana Drops Jaws
- No More Mr. Nice Guy: Manny Pacquiao Gets Real
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success