- 49ers Tight End Engaged To Miss Hooters 2009, Is Winning At Life
- Watch This Girl Masterfully Lip-Sync The Commentary Of The Now Famous Iron Bowl Return Play
- Who Deserves The Heisman More: Jameis Winston Or 'Red Lightning'?
- Bill Belichick Took Some Time Out Of His Day To Rip The Jets, Just Because
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
Steve Nash’s Leg Injury? Fracture.
Sorry for the sensational headline. Yes, Nash has a fracture in his leg, but it’s not quite that serious.
Nash did suffer a fracture, but it is specifically “a small non-displaced fracture in the head of his fibula.”
Nash is expected to be out a minimum of a week. Backup point guard Steve Blake will start in his place.
In case you missed the play that caused Nash’s injury:
This actually might be a blessing in disguise for the Lakers, who have started the season 0-3. If they continue to lose, they can blame it on Nash’s injury and coach Mike Brown’s job will be safe a little longer. Hard to justify firing Brown and hiring, say, Mike D’Antoni, when the guy you need to have healthy to make sure hiring a new coach is even worthwhile is out with a (slightly) broken leg.
Photo by Getty
- Brett Favre to Come Back 1 More Time
- See Inside David & Victoria Beckham's Closet
- Replacing The Florida Football Coach
- Video: Alex Ariza on Freddie Roach Incident