- 14 Reasons Why We're Looking Forward To The Sochi Winter Olympics
- Why Didn't Anyone Want To Buy Barry Bonds' Outrageous Beverly Hills Mansion?
- DeMarcus Cousins Should Be On The Next Comedy Central Roast
- Our NFL-Themed Ugly Christmas Sweaters Have Arrived
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
The Knicks Are Avoiding Jeremy Lin’s Houston Offer Sheet So The Three-Day Clock Won’t Start
According to league rules, the three-day clock for a team to match an offer on a restricted free agent does not begin until the team’s general manager physically receives the offer sheet. Well, according to the Houston Chronicle’s Jonathan Feigen, the Knicks are literally avoiding the Rockets so the clock won’t start.
Here’s Feigen’s report, via Twitter:
“Rockets so far unable to hand deliver Lin offer sheet. Knicks refused to accept at team hotel. Glen Grunwald not at practice yest, gm today. Rockets had a courier knocking on doors at hotel, call room. Could not get someone to accept offer sheet yesterday. Rockets FedExed offer sheet to Knicks offices in NY, but league said GM Glen Grunwald must receive it himself. Clock to match at standstill. All of this is high comedy, but does leave no doubt that Knicks will take every bit of three days to match, once offer sheet is in hand”
While all of this is undoubtedly hilarious, as the Knicks childishly play “catch me if you can” with Houston, we’re not sure why they’re even doing this. Every report indicates they’ll match the Rockets’ offer, so there’s really not much to discuss in the front office – and news of the Rockets’ offer sheet has been public for over a week now, so they’ve had plenty of time to discuss further options. In any case, we hope the Knicks’ GM Glen Grunwald skips town and ends up in a country without an extradition treaty.
And, as Feigen notes, we’re in an era where players sign via iPad. You’d think that would eliminate the need for hand delivery, but no. Anyway, we prefer a Houston courier chasing Knicks management around on a bike, or whatever.
- Bradley Speaks On Showdown With Mayweather
- Will Peyton Manning Break Tom Brady's Touchdown Record?
- Brett Favre to Come Back 1 More Time
- 5 Fantasy Basketball Sleepers You Must Grab