- 6 Fantasy Football Trade Tools Everyone Should Use
- Mere Humans Are Powerless Against The Might Of The Dallas Stars Jumbotron
- Will The Bengals Break The Patriots For Good This Weekend?
- Will Ferrell Just Yells At Derek Jeter For An Entire Four Minutes
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
The New Orleans Pelicans Uniforms Have Just Been Released
This is where it all begins: The road to the championship starts with releasing some sweet jerseys. In an all New Orleans event, the Pelicans released their home (white) and away (navy) jerseys. There to model the uniforms were Jason Smith, Ryan Anderson, Anthony Davis and newly added Jrue Holiday.
The Pelicans decided to go pretty conservative with their uniforms. Navy blue and white are hardly loud colors. If you’re looking for an alternate uniform you’ll be sorely disappointed. NBA rules prohibit the franchise from wearing a third jersey until their second season as the Pelicans.
Both the away and home uniforms feature “New Orleans” on the front. The status quo in the NBA is to print the team name on the home jerseys and the city name on the away jerseys. This seems like an odd decision by a team trying to launch a brand new mascot. It would have also been nice to see the “New Orleans” on the front shortened to “NOLA,” a widely accepted acronym for the city. The word New Orleans simply has too many letters to fit nicely on basketball jersey.
The font adds a nice New Orleans touch to the uniforms, they’re reminiscent of the street signs of the French Quarter. Other than that, the uniforms are pretty bland from top to bottom. I don’t know what’s worse, paying Tyreke Evans $11 million a year or having to look at these jersey’s all season.
Here’s a video of the event:
- Mayweather Jr. Vows to be Better Faster Stronger
- Brutal Photos: Manny Pacquiao And Chris Algieri Shanghai
- Shane Mosley Jr. Tastes The Bitterness of Defeat
- Christy Mack, War Machine and Why the Internet Blames Women for Domestic Violence