- The 13 Best Moments From Eli Manning's Epic Reddit AMA
- Bob Arum: Pacquiao Mayweather Fight Going To Happen In 2015
- This Is Totally Your Year: The 2014-15 Arizona Cardinals Season Preview
- Disguised Nick Foles Catches Fantasy Drafters Not Drafting Nick Foles
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
The New Orleans Pelicans Uniforms Have Just Been Released
This is where it all begins: The road to the championship starts with releasing some sweet jerseys. In an all New Orleans event, the Pelicans released their home (white) and away (navy) jerseys. There to model the uniforms were Jason Smith, Ryan Anderson, Anthony Davis and newly added Jrue Holiday.
The Pelicans decided to go pretty conservative with their uniforms. Navy blue and white are hardly loud colors. If you’re looking for an alternate uniform you’ll be sorely disappointed. NBA rules prohibit the franchise from wearing a third jersey until their second season as the Pelicans.
Both the away and home uniforms feature “New Orleans” on the front. The status quo in the NBA is to print the team name on the home jerseys and the city name on the away jerseys. This seems like an odd decision by a team trying to launch a brand new mascot. It would have also been nice to see the “New Orleans” on the front shortened to “NOLA,” a widely accepted acronym for the city. The word New Orleans simply has too many letters to fit nicely on basketball jersey.
The font adds a nice New Orleans touch to the uniforms, they’re reminiscent of the street signs of the French Quarter. Other than that, the uniforms are pretty bland from top to bottom. I don’t know what’s worse, paying Tyreke Evans $11 million a year or having to look at these jersey’s all season.
Here’s a video of the event:
- Christy Mack, War Machine and Why the Internet Blames Women for Domestic Violence
- Cheerleader Dances Through Laughable Wardrobe Mishap
- Arlovski Speaks up on Klitschko Brothers and UFC Return
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy