- The New York Post Is (Basically) Reporting That Steve Kerr Will Coach The Knicks Next Year
- A Legitimate, Unbiased, Behind-The-Scenes Look Into The 'Legends Football League'
- On-Deck Circle Of Doom: Youth Player Takes Foul Ball To The Eye (Video)
- Andrei Kirilenko Is Opening The First Russian Hooters
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
The Sacramento Kings Are Going To Equip Announcers, Cheerleaders, And Players With Google Glass During Games
On January 24th against the Indianapolis Pacers, the Sacramento Kings will be filming the on-court action using Google glass. The players, who will be given the headset, will be…Wait, what?
[ABC] Jim Kovach, the head of business development for the electronics company CrowdOptic, said that the company’s technology will be able to take video footage from Google Glass and broadcast it live on the Jumbotron, as well as to televisions and mobile devices. “A long time ago, I played in the NFL and the view that I miss [now] is the one on the field,” he told ABC News. “If you’re one of the players, you have the best view.”
Too bad the bespectacled Amar’e Stoudemire doesn’t play on the Kings (something the Knicks can only wish was true), because then we’d be able to see the in-game action from a first person perspective. A very static, poorly positioned, first person perspective, but an extremely novel viewing experience, nonetheless. Wow, Sacramento, way to go. It almost looked like your goose was cooked and now you’re accepting Bitcoins and implementing James Bond cameras in the eyeballs of your employees. Definitely sounds like owner Vivek Ranadivé is turning 3D-printed lemons into genetically augmented super lemonade.
Needless to say, we’re looking forward to the day that we can experience an NFL game through the eyes of Colin Kaepernick on our 4k television. Hopefully that’s not too far off.
- Aaron Hernandez's Jailhouse Attack Victim Released
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Nelson Frazier Jr. aka Mabel, Big Daddy V Reportedly Dead
- Carmelo Checks Out Woman Sitting Courtside