- Davis, Rainey & Brown Among Top Week 3 Waiver Options
- Can The NFL's Off-The-Field Violence Problem Be A Symptom Of Widespread PTSD?
- Massive Freak J.J. Watt Might Become A Serious Tight End Option For The Texans
- Don't Be Offended By This 'Ray Rice Makeup Tutorial' Video: It's Brilliant
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
Today Is The Anniversary Of “The Malice At The Palace”
Ron Artest‘s slow transformation from ostracized boogieman to loveable crazy guy is really quite amazing to think about. Just 6 years ago today, he was involved in one of the scarier incidents in sports history when he jumped into the stands during a Pacers-Pistons game and attacked a fan that had thrown a drink at him.
Now, he appears on “Jimmy Kimmel Live” in pajamas, and everyone loves him. America, you continue to amaze.
That brief moment in 2004, when Ron Artest lost his mind after having soft drink splashed all over him (there’s a Glee reference in there somewhere), sparked a 4 minute brawl between players and fans that led to led to nine players being suspended for a total of 146 games, $10 million in salary being lost (the players were suspended without pay), and 5 of them being charged with assault.
It seems like it happened a million years ago, not six.
- B.J. Penn Was Called "The Prodigy" for a Reason
- Christy Mack, War Machine and Why the Internet Blames Women for Domestic Violence
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship