- Fantasy Football: Week 8 Waiver Wire Pickup Power Rankings
- Peyton Manning Is Still Eight Touchdowns Behind Brett Favre, If You Include Pick-Sixes
- Of Course The Cowboys' Joseph Randle Has Signed An Underwear Endorsement Deal
- The Bucks Are Gathering Investors -- Will They Be Enough To Keep The Team In Milwaukee?
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Why We Love JaVale McGee, Part Infinity
There are lots of reasons to love JaVale McGee. You can find many of them here. His spectacularly off-beat personality, his occasional on-court shenanigans: few, if any, players in basketball provide more moments like this. But those moments wouldn’t mean as much without the flipside of McGee, the other reason to love him: he makes some spectacular basketball plays. Plays like this. And, in last night’s controversial 119-118 overtime win over the Bulls (more on the ending later), plays like this:
The most telling things here: the reactions. First off, the announcer, who can only say “Oh my goodness” twice, the second time in a way that almost makes it sound like he’s just seen something horrible happen (and maybe he had, to Joakim Noah). Second, the Bulls’ bench. The telestrator at the 38-second mark above says it all – you know you’ve done something spectacular when opponents are leaving their seats.
And finally: Noah himself. What did he do when he realized his attempt to keep McGee at bay was for naught, that nothing was going to stop him from a violent throwdown? He got the hell out of there. Basketball is dead. (Well, that or Noah was afraid he’d be called for a foul and didn’t want to give McGee an and-one opportunity, though considering McGee’s only a 59 percent free throw shooter, he might not have had much to worry about there.)
McGee finished with 12 points and three rebounds on 6-for-8 shooting in 22 minutes while also recording a block and a steal, if you’re curious.
- Filed Under:
- javale mcgee
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts