- 8 Players To Sell High After Your Fantasy Football Draft
- NFL Finally Delivers News: Josh Gordon's One Year Suspension Upheld
- UH-OH: John Rocker Going On Survivor With A Gay Couple
- Preliminary Deal Reached For $410 Million Soccer Stadium In Las Vegas
- Brett Favre Talks Returning To Green Bay, No Regrets About NFL Career
Let’s Watch Pierre The Pelican Have His Bandages Removed To Reveal His New Look
This first half can’t end fast enough! pic.twitter.com/uJIE0ijQxN
— J.E. Skeets (@jeskeets) February 13, 2014
FOX goes from broadcasting the Super Bowl to this, in just ten days. Sad, really.
Yes, fine — we’ll show you Pierre’s new look once we get a photo of it. We don’t want to, but this is a sports site and it’s the law. So watch this space, I guess.
UPDATE: Well, here he is … the new Pierre the Pelican:
— New Orleans Pelicans (@PelicansNBA) February 13, 2014
Here’s Pierre before the makeover:
— WWL-TV (@WWLTV) February 12, 2014
Not only did the New Orleans mascot undergo “plastic surgery” to acquire a new beak, but he also had all of his charisma surgically removed. The original Pierre may have been a frightening monstrosity who scared children and pets, but that’s what made him unique in a landscape of carpeted Disney ripoffs.
Now Pierre the Pelican looks like every other mascot. And thus he does not succeed.
— George Katsiavos (@Vailiuz) February 13, 2014
— J.A. Adande (@jadande) February 13, 2014
- Filed Under:
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee
- The Top 10 Hottest NFL Draft WAGs
- Damon Martin Joins Press Row
- Miller vs Diaz Feud Is Getting Nastier