- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 QB Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Hunter Pence Making World More Educated, One Library Book At A Time
- Your Comprehensive Guide To Giants-Royals World Series Intangibles
- KICKERS HAVE ALL THE FUN: Pornstar Tells Excellent Sebastian Janikowski Story
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Let’s Watch Pierre The Pelican Have His Bandages Removed To Reveal His New Look
This first half can’t end fast enough! pic.twitter.com/uJIE0ijQxN
— J.E. Skeets (@jeskeets) February 13, 2014
FOX goes from broadcasting the Super Bowl to this, in just ten days. Sad, really.
Yes, fine — we’ll show you Pierre’s new look once we get a photo of it. We don’t want to, but this is a sports site and it’s the law. So watch this space, I guess.
UPDATE: Well, here he is … the new Pierre the Pelican:
— New Orleans Pelicans (@PelicansNBA) February 13, 2014
Here’s Pierre before the makeover:
— WWL-TV (@WWLTV) February 12, 2014
Not only did the New Orleans mascot undergo “plastic surgery” to acquire a new beak, but he also had all of his charisma surgically removed. The original Pierre may have been a frightening monstrosity who scared children and pets, but that’s what made him unique in a landscape of carpeted Disney ripoffs.
Now Pierre the Pelican looks like every other mascot. And thus he does not succeed.
— George Katsiavos (@Vailiuz) February 13, 2014
— J.A. Adande (@jadande) February 13, 2014
- Filed Under:
- 10 Hottest Moms in the Sports World
- 10 Athletes We Don't Want to See in ESPN's Body Issue
- How To Execute The Perfect Uppercut
- Christy Mack, War Machine and Why the Internet Blames Women for Domestic Violence