- You're Drafting Rashad Jennings Way Too Late
- 49ers' Ray McDonald Arrested On Domestic Violence Charges
- This Is Totally Your Year: The 2014-15 Pittsburgh Steelers Season Preview
- Bob Arum: Pacquiao Mayweather Fight Going To Happen In 2015
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
Let’s Watch Pierre The Pelican Have His Bandages Removed To Reveal His New Look
This first half can’t end fast enough! pic.twitter.com/uJIE0ijQxN
— J.E. Skeets (@jeskeets) February 13, 2014
FOX goes from broadcasting the Super Bowl to this, in just ten days. Sad, really.
Yes, fine — we’ll show you Pierre’s new look once we get a photo of it. We don’t want to, but this is a sports site and it’s the law. So watch this space, I guess.
UPDATE: Well, here he is … the new Pierre the Pelican:
— New Orleans Pelicans (@PelicansNBA) February 13, 2014
Here’s Pierre before the makeover:
— WWL-TV (@WWLTV) February 12, 2014
Not only did the New Orleans mascot undergo “plastic surgery” to acquire a new beak, but he also had all of his charisma surgically removed. The original Pierre may have been a frightening monstrosity who scared children and pets, but that’s what made him unique in a landscape of carpeted Disney ripoffs.
Now Pierre the Pelican looks like every other mascot. And thus he does not succeed.
— George Katsiavos (@Vailiuz) February 13, 2014
— J.A. Adande (@jadande) February 13, 2014
- Filed Under:
- New England Patriots Cheerleader's Final Auditions
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson Files for Divorce
- 10 Of The Most Gorgeous Women In Sports Today
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship