- SPORTSGRID ORIGINAL: The Future Of The Knicks (As Told By An 8-Year-Old)
- Frank Caliendo As Jon Gruden Vs. Jon Gruden In Jon Gruden's QB
- Minor League Hockey Player Gives Stick To Young Fan, Makes World A Better Place
- Doc Ellis Explains The Long, Amazing Legacy Of Cheating In Baseball
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Let’s Watch Pierre The Pelican Have His Bandages Removed To Reveal His New Look
This first half can’t end fast enough! pic.twitter.com/uJIE0ijQxN
— J.E. Skeets (@jeskeets) February 13, 2014
FOX goes from broadcasting the Super Bowl to this, in just ten days. Sad, really.
Yes, fine — we’ll show you Pierre’s new look once we get a photo of it. We don’t want to, but this is a sports site and it’s the law. So watch this space, I guess.
UPDATE: Well, here he is … the new Pierre the Pelican:
— New Orleans Pelicans (@PelicansNBA) February 13, 2014
Here’s Pierre before the makeover:
— WWL-TV (@WWLTV) February 12, 2014
Not only did the New Orleans mascot undergo “plastic surgery” to acquire a new beak, but he also had all of his charisma surgically removed. The original Pierre may have been a frightening monstrosity who scared children and pets, but that’s what made him unique in a landscape of carpeted Disney ripoffs.
Now Pierre the Pelican looks like every other mascot. And thus he does not succeed.
— George Katsiavos (@Vailiuz) February 13, 2014
— J.A. Adande (@jadande) February 13, 2014
- Filed Under:
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story