- Injuries to Green, Charles & RGIII Exact Their Toll
- Who Screwed The Jets Harder Yesterday: The Officials, Or The Jets?
- The Crotch-Grab Incident: Jonathan Papelbon Ejected For Adjusting His Cup
- Carmelo Anthony: 'Ain't Nobody' Would Want To Play For The Atlanta Hawks
- Manning, Elway Dispute Suggestion That Wes Welker's Suspension Was A Shocker
83-Year-Old Football Legend Wears T-Shirt For Freezing Cold Ceremony (Video)
The highlight for Minnesota Vikings fans in attendance at last night’s game happened at halftime, when the organization paid tribute to the 50 best Vikings of all time. One legendary Viking, former coach and Hall of Famer Bud Grant, channeled his inner Norse at TCF Bank Stadium in Minnesota, where the weather was freezing and the snow was plentiful.
Considering Grant grew up playing sports in Wisconsin and was a three-sport athlete at the University of Minnesota, it’s safe to say that he’s no stranger to the frigid weather. He also coached the Vikings from 1967-1983. Grant, 83-years-old, is one tough grandpa, and he might be a bit, as Rick James says, cold-blooded.
It’s no wonder that Grant is so revered among Vikings greats after that display of bravado. And it’s not too shocking that Grant played in both the NBA and the NFL. Most 83-year-olds hope they can put their shoes on in the morning. Bud Grant clearly isn’t programmed like most people.
[h/t Shutdown Corner]
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- Damon Martin Joins Press Row
- Top 10 Most Gruesome MMA Leg Injuries
- Alexander Gustafsson's Trainer: 'We Are Not Happy'