- The Vikings Are The Most Dysfunctional NFL Franchise Of This Century
- SNY Host Blasts Jeter As A Clown Fraud For Doing Gatorade Commercial
- ESPN: Ray Rice Scandal Was A Case Of "Misdirection" And "Scant Investigation"
- We Thought Ticketmaster Was Screwing Us, But Now We Know It
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
Aldon Smith Suspended Indefinitely, According To Reports: ‘I Want To Apologize. I Will Work To Get It Fixed’
— Michelle Beisner (@MichelleBeisner) September 22, 2013
Not a good week to be around Jim Harbaugh. Following the 49ers’ 27-7 loss to the Colts today (the first back-to-back losses in Harbaugh’s pro career, and first home loss for Colin Kaepernick as a starter), the report is that DE Aldon Smith had his locker cleared out. The 49ers say that Smith will undergo counseling, according to reports, following his arrest on suspected DUI charges last week.
Aldon Smith will begin counseling and seeking help for his personal problems Monday. No timetable for his return to 49ers
— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) September 23, 2013
— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) September 22, 2013
So I’m not sure why Smith played today: I suppose Harbaugh may shed some light on that during Monday’s press conference (but don’t bet on it). This is what he said following the game about Smith playing:
“Its a decision we made as an organization and as a team. We did what we thought was in the best interest of the team.”
Now to see if the league does what’s in the best interest of the league. And it will be interesting to see if the unraveling continues, or this is just a speed bump. The toughest part of the 49ers’ schedule is the first quarter of it — I wouldn’t bury them just yet.
- Filed Under:
- Aldon Smith
- Beauty AND The Beast
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson Files for Divorce
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship
- 10 Sexiest Female Tennis Players Ever