- If Michael Sam Gets Cut By The Rams, Who Will Pick Him Up?
- This Is Totally Your Year: The 2014-15 Buffalo Bills Season Preview
- What Happens To Zac Stacy Without Sam Bradford At QB?
- The 9 Sexiest Tennis Players At The 2014 US Open You've Never Heard Of
- Brett Favre Talks Returning To Green Bay, No Regrets About NFL Career
Aldon Smith Suspended Indefinitely, According To Reports: ‘I Want To Apologize. I Will Work To Get It Fixed’
— Michelle Beisner (@MichelleBeisner) September 22, 2013
Not a good week to be around Jim Harbaugh. Following the 49ers’ 27-7 loss to the Colts today (the first back-to-back losses in Harbaugh’s pro career, and first home loss for Colin Kaepernick as a starter), the report is that DE Aldon Smith had his locker cleared out. The 49ers say that Smith will undergo counseling, according to reports, following his arrest on suspected DUI charges last week.
Aldon Smith will begin counseling and seeking help for his personal problems Monday. No timetable for his return to 49ers
— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) September 23, 2013
— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) September 22, 2013
So I’m not sure why Smith played today: I suppose Harbaugh may shed some light on that during Monday’s press conference (but don’t bet on it). This is what he said following the game about Smith playing:
“Its a decision we made as an organization and as a team. We did what we thought was in the best interest of the team.”
Now to see if the league does what’s in the best interest of the league. And it will be interesting to see if the unraveling continues, or this is just a speed bump. The toughest part of the 49ers’ schedule is the first quarter of it — I wouldn’t bury them just yet.
- Filed Under:
- Aldon Smith
- Christy Mack, War Machine and Why the Internet Blames Women for Domestic Violence
- 40-Year-Old Hot Mom Nabs Saints Cheerleader Job
- The Top 10 Hottest NFL Draft WAGs
- MMA Fans Protest Over Brock Lesnar