- Sorry Warriors Fans, But Plans For This New Waterfront Arena Have Been Scrapped
- Did Gilbert Arenas Win $100,000 Betting On 'His' Washington Wizards?
- This Is Why You Should Always Give A Foul Ball To A Kid (VIDEO)
- The Indiana Pacers And Their Fans Deserve Each Other
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Aldon Smith Suspended Indefinitely, According To Reports: ‘I Want To Apologize. I Will Work To Get It Fixed’
— Michelle Beisner (@MichelleBeisner) September 22, 2013
Not a good week to be around Jim Harbaugh. Following the 49ers’ 27-7 loss to the Colts today (the first back-to-back losses in Harbaugh’s pro career, and first home loss for Colin Kaepernick as a starter), the report is that DE Aldon Smith had his locker cleared out. The 49ers say that Smith will undergo counseling, according to reports, following his arrest on suspected DUI charges last week.
Aldon Smith will begin counseling and seeking help for his personal problems Monday. No timetable for his return to 49ers
— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) September 23, 2013
— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) September 22, 2013
So I’m not sure why Smith played today: I suppose Harbaugh may shed some light on that during Monday’s press conference (but don’t bet on it). This is what he said following the game about Smith playing:
“Its a decision we made as an organization and as a team. We did what we thought was in the best interest of the team.”
Now to see if the league does what’s in the best interest of the league. And it will be interesting to see if the unraveling continues, or this is just a speed bump. The toughest part of the 49ers’ schedule is the first quarter of it — I wouldn’t bury them just yet.
- Filed Under:
- Aldon Smith
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story