- Davis, Rainey & Brown Among Top Week 3 Waiver Options
- Can The NFL's Off-The-Field Violence Problem Be A Symptom Of Widespread PTSD?
- Massive Freak J.J. Watt Might Become A Serious Tight End Option For The Texans
- Don't Be Offended By This 'Ray Rice Makeup Tutorial' Video: It's Brilliant
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
And So, Manti Te’o Is Headed To The Chargers
“Hello, Manti? It’s the San Diego Chargers. We’re going to take you with the next pick.”
“Really? That’s great.”
“No, it’s really me, Ronaiah Tuiasosopo. I am sorry for fooling you again.”
So after a frustrating first round in which he was not picked by anyone, even the Jaguars, Manti Te’o landed with the San Diego Chargers today — the 38th pick in Round Dos. I can’t think of a more forgiving media environment for him … unless you count Veronica Corningstone. If she moves to sports, she’ll be all over that story. SI.com:
What does await Te’o in San Diego is an inevitable comparison to the late Junior Seau, an interior linebacker who played an irreplaceable role on the team’s defense from 1990-2002. The Chargers will be hoping for a similar impact from Te’o, a Heisman finalist last season.
What’s lost in all this fake girlfriend business is that Te’o is a good linebacker, and should do well in the Chargers’ 3-4. I think they got a steal. But what do I know? In the end the only thing that’s certain is that this is the first time I can think of that a fake girlfriend has cost a dude a million bucks.
- B.J. Penn Was Called "The Prodigy" for a Reason
- Christy Mack, War Machine and Why the Internet Blames Women for Domestic Violence
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee