- 14 Reasons Why We're Looking Forward To The Sochi Winter Olympics
- Why Didn't Anyone Want To Buy Barry Bonds' Outrageous Beverly Hills Mansion?
- DeMarcus Cousins Should Be On The Next Comedy Central Roast
- Our NFL-Themed Ugly Christmas Sweaters Have Arrived
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
And So, Manti Te’o Is Headed To The Chargers
“Hello, Manti? It’s the San Diego Chargers. We’re going to take you with the next pick.”
“Really? That’s great.”
“No, it’s really me, Ronaiah Tuiasosopo. I am sorry for fooling you again.”
So after a frustrating first round in which he was not picked by anyone, even the Jaguars, Manti Te’o landed with the San Diego Chargers today — the 38th pick in Round Dos. I can’t think of a more forgiving media environment for him … unless you count Veronica Corningstone. If she moves to sports, she’ll be all over that story. SI.com:
What does await Te’o in San Diego is an inevitable comparison to the late Junior Seau, an interior linebacker who played an irreplaceable role on the team’s defense from 1990-2002. The Chargers will be hoping for a similar impact from Te’o, a Heisman finalist last season.
What’s lost in all this fake girlfriend business is that Te’o is a good linebacker, and should do well in the Chargers’ 3-4. I think they got a steal. But what do I know? In the end the only thing that’s certain is that this is the first time I can think of that a fake girlfriend has cost a dude a million bucks.
- A Long, Painful Journey From Pacquiao To Marquez
- Hottest Wives/Girlfriends in Sports!
- 24 Hilariously Unfortunate Names In Sports
- Top 5 Reasons the New York Giants Suck