- SPORTSGRID ORIGINAL: The Future Of The Knicks (As Told By An 8-Year-Old)
- Frank Caliendo As Jon Gruden Vs. Jon Gruden In Jon Gruden's QB
- Minor League Hockey Player Gives Stick To Young Fan, Makes World A Better Place
- Doc Ellis Explains The Long, Amazing Legacy Of Cheating In Baseball
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Apparently Rob Ryan Would Be A Head Coach If He Just Cut His Hair
NFL owners and executives are officially the dumbest group of people in the world. I’m sure there are many groups tied with them (other sports owners, politicians, sports bloggers…), but you can’t top this stupidity. I’m not sure I buy this at all, but Chris Mortensen is a reliable ESPN reporter, and he insists that Rob Ryan isn’t a head coach because he has long hair.
But as other coordinators are being considered for head coaching vacancies, Ryan is supposedly being passed over simply because of his hair.
During Monday’s “NFL Insiders” Monday, (Chris) Mortensen revealed executives told him, “If he wants to be a head coach, he has to cut his hair. It is about image for these guys. They want a CEO-type. That’s what they want.”
Apparently, people have been “truly impressed” by Ryan, but his look just doesn’t fit the bill. Maybe he should take a page out of his twin brother’s playbook and get a nice, cropped do.
Don’t be surprised when Tim Cook is named the next Lions’ head coach. The only thing going against him is the uncertainty of whether or not he’ll approve of iPad playbooks.
- Filed Under:
- rob ryan
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story