- The Most Powerful Photo From The Sochi Winter Games
- You Know It's Spring Training When Curtis Granderson Is Rubbing Your Butt
- Baron Davis's Comeback: Part 3
- Off The Grid: Rule Changes, Video Game Memories And Attempted Improv
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Apparently Rob Ryan Would Be A Head Coach If He Just Cut His Hair
NFL owners and executives are officially the dumbest group of people in the world. I’m sure there are many groups tied with them (other sports owners, politicians, sports bloggers…), but you can’t top this stupidity. I’m not sure I buy this at all, but Chris Mortensen is a reliable ESPN reporter, and he insists that Rob Ryan isn’t a head coach because he has long hair.
But as other coordinators are being considered for head coaching vacancies, Ryan is supposedly being passed over simply because of his hair.
During Monday’s “NFL Insiders” Monday, (Chris) Mortensen revealed executives told him, “If he wants to be a head coach, he has to cut his hair. It is about image for these guys. They want a CEO-type. That’s what they want.”
Apparently, people have been “truly impressed” by Ryan, but his look just doesn’t fit the bill. Maybe he should take a page out of his twin brother’s playbook and get a nice, cropped do.
Don’t be surprised when Tim Cook is named the next Lions’ head coach. The only thing going against him is the uncertainty of whether or not he’ll approve of iPad playbooks.
- Filed Under:
- rob ryan
- 2014 NFL Draft: Top 5 Running Back Prospects
- What Should Vikings Do in Free Agency?
- Michael B. Jordan is the Human Torch?
- Everyone Is Asking the Wrong Questions About the Ray Rice Video