- The Cardinals Are Ridiculously Good At Blocking Field Goal Attempts
- The Saints Are The Answer To Your Fantasy Football 'SOS'
- Cheap Shot On Nick Foles Started A Brawl In Philly-Washington Game
- Ray Lewis On Ray Rice: 'There Are Some Things You Can Cover Up'
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
Arizona Cardinals Cheerleader, Who Is Also Iraq War Vet, Arrested For Assaulting Boyfriend
On Thursday we wrote about Megan Welter, an Arizona Cardinals cheerleader who served a tour of duty in Iraq when she was 22, as an Army lieutenant platoon commander. I believe I made mention of how she may be the only cheerleader who is licensed to carry automatic weapons … and then this happened.
Remember the Iraq War vet NFL cheerleader from 2 days ago? She beat up her boyfriend and got arrested. Whoops. http://t.co/b8A4mgmsTh
— WithLeather (@WithLeather) August 2, 2013
Yep. From 3TV:
An Arizona Cardinals cheerleader who made national headlines for her service in Iraq was recently arrested for allegedly assaulting her boyfriend.
Megan Welter has been a Cardinals cheerleader for two years.
On July 20, she was arrested for alleged assault, disorderly conduct and criminal damage.
According to Scottsdale police, Welter and her boyfriend had been drinking excessively when they got into an argument that turned physical.
According to the report it was Welter who called police, saying that her boyfriend (whom she described as a professional fighter) choked her and smashed her face to the floor. But when police arrived the only marks they saw were on the man, and there was no evidence that Welter had been touched. Plus, the boyfriend had recorded the alleged attack on his cell phone.
After viewing the video, police arrested Welter. And now, the video:
(Some NSFW language).
Cardinals’ new 2013 cheer: “Ready, OK! …”
Pretty Much Screwed: The 2013-14 Arizona Cardinals [SportsGrid]
- Filed Under:
- Arziona Cardinals
- Jon Lester Admits His Problems with Living in Oakland
- Teila Tuli Heartbroken 20 Years After UFC
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?