- SPORTSGRID ORIGINAL: The Future Of The Knicks (As Told By An 8-Year-Old)
- Important News: Jose Canseco To Appear In Movie 'Piranha Sharks'
- The NCAA's Talking Bench Sounds Like A Prison Inmate On The Prowl
- Tim Donaghy Says The NBA Is Rigged, Probably To Get You To Buy His Picks
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
The 11 Best Pairs Of Glasses In Sports
Braves first baseman Freddie Freeman returned last night to Atlanta’s lineup after missing four game due to vision problems. Those vision problems were corrected thanks to a new pair of eyeglasses, and it showed in the box score: he went 3-4, including a home run in his first plate appearance. After the home run, his teammates jokingly ribbed him on his way back to the dugout, and the whole sequence got us thinking…
Glasses get a bad rap. Jack Donaghy once referred to them as “wheelchairs for the eyes,” and some notable NBA superstars have been getting ragged on for their frames lately. But just because a man possesses a nice pair of bifocals doesn’t mean he can’t be a beast. We’d like to remind Jack Donaghy (and the men of Inside the NBA) of that fact, so here, now, are the best 11 pairs of glasses in sports history.
Excerpt image via Rob Payne.
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story