- BREAKING: Swimsuit Model Nina Adgal Is Pretty Good At Basketball
- Insults From An Idiot: CNBC's Sports Betting Scam Artist 'Steve Stevens' Won't Stop Sending Us Hilarious And Incoherent Emails
- Roger Federer Could Miss The French Open Due To Paternity Leave
- How To Use 10 Different Machines Without Working Anything Other Than Your Biceps
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Bill Belichick Reveals How To Win When Your Team Is Down Two Touchdowns
The Patriots posted their third straight come-from-behind victory yesterday when they scored two touchdowns in the final 61 seconds to beat the Browns, 27-26. I know what you’re thinking — “Ugh, the Patriots! How do they do it? I mean, besides Tom Brady actually throwing the touchdowns [to Julian Edelman and then to Danny Amendola after the special teams recovered an onside kick], how do they find a way to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat every time [except against the Giants, in the Super Bowl(s)]?”
Why don’t we let coach Bill Belichick explain his secret to winning football games when down two touchdowns? This is an excerpt from his remarks after the game (emphasis ours):
Q: Have you ever had a feeling like this after a game like that? How do you put it into words?
Belichick: I just tried. Sorry if it wasn’t good enough for you [laughter]. I tried the best. We put ourselves in a bad situation. We were down by whatever it was, 12 points. We went into our two-minute drive, got a couple plays, got the ball down the field… We tried to run the ball in and they stopped us so we had an extra timeout to use there to get ourselves a little bit more time. Then, the onside kick and trying to get the ball downfield again. We’re just playing it one play at a time. That’s all you can do. [If] you’re down by two scores, all you can do is score once and then get the ball back and then score again. You can’t score 14 points in one play. It’s just sequence and series of plays.
Oh, right. Got it.
Full video of the press conference can be seen here. The Pats are 10-3, so make fun of Belichick all you want (and we certainly will), but you have to hand it to him: He knows how to win football games. You just score more points than the other team before the clock runs out.
- The Hottest Hockey Wives and Girlfriends
- FOX Sports' Joe Buck Ties The Knot With Someone In The Industry
- I Could Make More Money at McDonalds
- Jessie James and NFL Star in Provocative Shoot