- The Most Powerful Photo From The Sochi Winter Games
- You Know It's Spring Training When Curtis Granderson Is Rubbing Your Butt
- Baron Davis's Comeback: Part 3
- Off The Grid: Rule Changes, Video Game Memories And Attempted Improv
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Brooke Daniels, Who Turned Down Roy Williams’ Proposal, Now Dates A College Baseball Player?
If the fact that Cowboys receiver Roy Williams sent a $76,000 engagement ring and proposal in the mail to former Miss Texas Brooke Daniels, got turned down, and then sued to get the ring back just wasn’t enough of a story for you, here’s more. After some Twitter snooping, Busted Coverage apparently found Daniels’ new love interest – University of Houston baseball player David Murphy.
Murphy isn’t listed on Houston’s current roster, but he saw some action for the Cougars this past season, batting .241 over 29 at bats. And Murphy actually has a pretty remarkable story: if you’ll notice, his player bio explains why he redshirted his freshman year:
Sat out as a redshirt after recovering from treatment from leukemia.
Good for him, we say – he seems to have recovered quite nicely from that. There was an odd thing we noticed, however – we looked at Murphy’s Twitter page, as Busted Coverage did. His picture shows him with Daniels. And Daniels’ picture sure looks like her with Murphy. Additionally, Murphy tweeted this a couple days ago:
A baller on the field, cancer survivor, and a great person.Follow a charmer @DMMurphy10 also,he is dating the gorgeous missTX @Bdanielstx09
While tweeting a follow request on one’s own account seems odd, he also came right out and said he was dating Daniels – so far, so good on the “they’re dating” theory. But then, why this subsequent tweet from Murphy?
Thanks for the follow @Bdanielstx09 ed. note: that’s Daniels, mean a lot.
OK, so we imagine it’s just some joke, but it still looks strange to tweet the person he’s supposedly dating thanking them for a follow (especially since Twitter is filled with sincere follow/RT requests of well-known people). OK, we’re well past the point of thinking too much about this. To Murphy and Daniels: enjoy life, you crazy kids. And good luck getting Williams out of your hair.
Photo via Busted Coverage
- Filed Under:
- Roy Williams
- Ian Kinsler, Brian McCann Offseason Moves Could Have World Series Implications
- Manu Ginobili's Shoe Exploded During a Game
- Pistons Fans Start Petition For Rasheed Wallace To Coach
- Is LeBron Set To Stay In Miami?