- SPORTSGRID ORIGINAL: The Future Of The Knicks (As Told By An 8-Year-Old)
- Colbert Interviewed John Calipari Amidst A Show About Cockfighting
- Today In Bolivian Soccer ... A G-G-G-G-Ghost?! (VIDEO)
- The NCAA's Talking Bench Sounds Like A Prison Inmate On The Prowl
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Watch Tom Coughlin Yell At Greg Schiano During The Postgame Handshake (Video)
The Giants had a scare today against the Buccaneers, eeking out a 41-34 victory in the Meadowlands. But something that’ll be sure to get some attention over the next few days is what happened after said victory: the contentious postgame handshake between Tom Coughlin and Greg Schiano, which featured a lot of yelling from New York’s head coach.
Coughlin’s beef seems to stem from the fact that Eli Manning was knocked down as his team kneeled the ball late in the fourth to seal the victory; we’ve got video of that play below the confrontation itself.
Schiano obviously had no (direct) influence on his defense knocking down the two-time Super Bowl champ in the heat of the moment, so we think Coughlin was just looking for an excuse to be ruddy and Irish. (Although we also see the need to protect your franchise quarterback through some aggressive postgame jawing. Consider it Schiano’s “Welcome to the NFL” moment.)
One other note: Coughlin and Schiano’s postgame argument comes ahead of tonight’s Lions-49ers game. As you’ll recall, Jim Schwartz and Jim Harbaugh had their own contentious shaking of hands last year.
And the play from which Coughlin’s problem seems to stem:
Photo via Tyson Trish.
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story