- 8 Players To Sell High After Your Fantasy Football Draft
- NFL Finally Delivers News: Josh Gordon's One Year Suspension Upheld
- UH-OH: John Rocker Going On Survivor With A Gay Couple
- Preliminary Deal Reached For $410 Million Soccer Stadium In Las Vegas
- Brett Favre Talks Returning To Green Bay, No Regrets About NFL Career
Cris Collinsworth Appears To Have Already Forgotten About The Whole Aaron Hernandez Thing
A disclaimer before we begin: Cris Collinsworth is a very good color announcer for NBC. His eye for breaking down the game is second to none, and he doesn’t slip up and say stupid things nearly as much as his peers. But last night, Collinsworth definitely earned the award for most awkward and mindless thing said on television.
Collinsworth was discussing Patriots’ cornerback Aqib Talib, who went from talented yet troubled in Tampa Bay to one of the league’s best in New England. Then Collinsworth, perhaps thinking of guys like Randy Moss and Corey Dillon, said this:
Well, if you don’t consider “potentially being a murderer” a problem, then Collinsworth is correct. Unfortunately, most of us aren’t cool with Aaron Hernandez at this point, and it was around the time of his arrest that we all agreed: The “Patriot Way” is BS. But we can’t let facts get in the way of a perfectly good sound bite/storyline, so let’s just pretend that a reported drug addict gangster never helped turn the Pats into an offensive powerhouse. Hey, this is easy!
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee
- Alexander Gustafsson's Trainer: 'We Are Not Happy'
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?