- ESPN Is The Distraction, Not Michael Sam
- Fantasy Football: Week 1 QB Rankings, Starts And Sleepers
- Just Kidding: Nebraska Wide Receiver's Behind-The-Back-Catch Is Already This Season's Best
- Grab Nick Foles, Watch For Tim Wright And Other Last Minute Draft Tips
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
Cris Collinsworth Appears To Have Already Forgotten About The Whole Aaron Hernandez Thing
A disclaimer before we begin: Cris Collinsworth is a very good color announcer for NBC. His eye for breaking down the game is second to none, and he doesn’t slip up and say stupid things nearly as much as his peers. But last night, Collinsworth definitely earned the award for most awkward and mindless thing said on television.
Collinsworth was discussing Patriots’ cornerback Aqib Talib, who went from talented yet troubled in Tampa Bay to one of the league’s best in New England. Then Collinsworth, perhaps thinking of guys like Randy Moss and Corey Dillon, said this:
Well, if you don’t consider “potentially being a murderer” a problem, then Collinsworth is correct. Unfortunately, most of us aren’t cool with Aaron Hernandez at this point, and it was around the time of his arrest that we all agreed: The “Patriot Way” is BS. But we can’t let facts get in the way of a perfectly good sound bite/storyline, so let’s just pretend that a reported drug addict gangster never helped turn the Pats into an offensive powerhouse. Hey, this is easy!
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson Files for Divorce
- The Top 10 Hottest NFL Draft WAGs
- Arlovski Speaks up on Klitschko Brothers and UFC Return
- New England Patriots Cheerleader's Final Auditions