- The 10 Wackest Sports-Related Moves Of 2013
- It Sounds Like Both RGIII And Mike Shanahan Are Done For The Season [UPDATED]
- This New Billiards Game For PS4 Looks Terrifyingly Real
- College Basketball Top 25: A Lot Of Good Teams Got Dunked On Last Week
- Former Rutgers Player Sues Over Ex-Basketball Coach Rice's Behavior
The Story Of Dan Marino, A Love Child, And Millions Of Dollars In Hush Money
According to the New York Post, Dan Marino, a pregame analyst with CBS since 2003, had an affair with a network employee back in 2004. She gave birth to their child, Chloe, in 2005. Marino — who is still married — paid the woman, Donna Savattere, to keep quiet.
Marino agreed to pay Savattere millions to care for Chloe, sources say, and she moved to Texas as part of the deal.
It’s not clear exactly how much Marino paid. But after getting the dough, Savattere apparently started living large.
She soon returned to New York from the Lone Star State, splitting her time between the Upper West Side and the Hamptons, where she became a fixture on the social scene.
As the Post points out, Marino has always been portrayed as a “squeaky-clean” guy. He claims that his marriage is “still intact” despite the truth leaking. Marino is in touch with the now-seven-year-old. “Impromptu meetings” were a part of the agreement. He responded to the situation yesterday.
“This is a personal and private matter. I take full responsibility both personally and financially for my actions now as I did then,” he told The Post in a written statement. “We mutually agreed to keep our arrangement private to protect all parties involved.”
He doesn’t seem to apologize to his wife, who I would presume is unhappy about being “protected.”
There’s no mention of comment from CBS, so as of now, Marino’s face will still be plastered to your TV for hours before the game, on Sunday.
- Bradley Speaks On Showdown With Mayweather
- Shane Battier Discuses Future Female NBA Players
- Chris Bosh Gets Bosh'd by Mario Chalmers
- Boxing Queen Ava Knight Speaks Her Mind!