- YES!!!: WWE Star Daniel Bryan Chases Down Burglar And Foils Robbery
- How To Trade Fantasy Draft Picks For A Girlfriend (And Still Win Your League)
- Yasiel Puig Makes Dodgers History, Triples Three Times In One Game (VIDEO)
- Greg Maddux, Five Others Inducted To Baseball Hall Of Fame Today
- Power Ranking The Most Offensive Team Names In Sports History
Don’t Look Now, But The Pirates Are In The Playoffs, And The Steelers Are The Worst Team In Football*
*Well, they’re not the worst talent-wise, but record-wise they can’t get any worse. The greatest franchise in the NFL over the last 50 years is 0-4 in 2013. Meanwhile, over in baseball world, the worst franchise over the last 20 years, the Pirates, just clinched a wild card playoff berth with 94 wins.
Pittsburgh has long suffered through the Pirate’s inability to play winning baseball, finding solace in a football team that has been relevant every season, more or less, for the last 20 years. Here’s a quick breakdown to show what’s happened during that span for both historic/ancient franchises.
- The Steelers have played in four Super Bowls
- The Pirates have made the playoffs once (2013)
- The Steelers have made the playoffs 14 times
- The Pirates have a .417 winning percentage since 1993
- The Steelers have a . 720 winning percentage since 1993
The last time this situation happened, was in 1991, when the Steelers (lead by Neil O’Donnell), failed to make the playoffs at 7-9, and the Pirates (lead by Barry Bonds and Jim Leyland), lost in the NLCS to the Atlanta Braves.
- Claudia Gadelha is UFC's First Strawweight Champ
- New England Patriots Cheerleader's Final Auditions
- Chris Algieri: 'I Will Shock the World Again' vs. Pacquiao
- Larry Holmes told King He Can't Beat Tyson