- FAN FALLOUT IN MIAMI: Screaming At Reporters, Vandalism, And Burning LeBron Jerseys
- Dwyane Wade, The Abandoned Heatle, Should Take His Talents To Phoenix
- MEA CULPA: Breaking Down LeBron's Decision 2.0
- Which Of These Second Year Running Backs Are Going To Fall Off A Cliff?
- Cuba's National Team Boots Two Pitchers After Failed Defection Bids
For Better Or Worse, Trent Richardson Sets Browns Rookie Rushing Touchdowns Record
Just when you thought the Cleveland Browns’ season couldn’t get any worse, their decent rookie running back Trent Richardson sets a new record for rushing touchdowns by a rookie with his tenth of the season, erasing Cleveland legend Jim Brown from the record books.
Of course, Richardson setting the record is technically a good thing. The back is having a modest rookie campaign with 869 rushing yards on 3.5 yards per carry with his now-record ten rushing touchdowns. Maybe there’s actually some light at the end of the tunnel for the franchise that hasn’t finished a season above .500 since 2007 and has only had three winning seasons since 1990.
At the same time, though, Cleveland should want as many references to Jim Brown in their team record book as possible. As arguably the best running back of all time, just the memory of Jim Brown is about all the Browns have right now. Not that Trent Richardson doesn’t have the potential to be a great back, but the Browns need him taking Jim Brown’s spot in the record books about as much as the Dallas Cowboys need anyone from the current roster kicking the likes of Troy Aikman, Emmitt Smith, Michael Irvin, Roger Staubach, Drew Pearson, Tony Dorsett, etc. out of their record books. Shudder the thought.
Anyway, for better or worse, here is Trent Richardson’s big touchdown. You go, Trent!
GIF via @BuzzFeedSports
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts
- New England Patriots Cheerleader's Final Auditions