- Hunter Pence Did Not Know That Kansas City Is In Missouri
- Jimbo Fisher Literally Can't Even With These Jameis Winston Questions
- ESPN The Magazine Puts Out Hit Piece On Kobe Bryant, Says He's 'Destroying' The Lakers From Within
- Peyton Manning Is Still Eight Touchdowns Behind Brett Favre, If You Include Pick-Sixes
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Former Bears’ Receiver Sam Hurd Gets 15 Years In Prison For Drug Trafficking
Former Chicago Bears receiver Sam Hurd, whom his own attorneys described as “a marijuana freak”, was sentened to 15 years in prison today by a federal judge for drug trafficking.
Hurd, 28, pleaded guilty in April to conspiring to possess and distribute cocaine and marijuana. he’s been in prisonm for more than a year, after a judge revoked his bond. Chicago Tribune:
Hurd was arrested in December 2011 outside a Morton’s steakhouse near Chicago after accepting a kilogram of cocaine from an undercover officer. Inside the restaurant, prosecutors alleged, Hurd told the officer and an informant that he wanted to buy 5 to 10 kilograms of cocaine and 1,000 pounds of marijuana weekly to distribute. Outside, he got into his vehicle and within moments police surrounded him. Authorities arrested Hurd, capping a more than year-long investigation.
He was an active player with the Bears at the time. Yeah, it all makes so little sense: unless Hurd just wanted to be a kingpin of some sort.
Excellent MMQB piece by Michael McKnight on Hurd can be found here.
Sam Hurd's 15-year sentence for a drug conspiracy is 228 times as long as the 24 days Donte Stallworth got for DUI manslaughter.
— Michael David Smith (@MichaelDavSmith) November 14, 2013
- Filed Under:
- sam hurd
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts