- HOUSTON SPROCKETS: Minimalist MLB, NHL, And NBA Logos Are Good Design
- Greek Soccer Fans Surround Stadium With Ring Of Flares, Awesomeness Ensues (VIDEO)
- Derrick Rose Looks A Lot Like LeBron James Now
- Fantasy Baseball: Is Miguel Cabrera Healthy?
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Former Bears’ Receiver Sam Hurd Gets 15 Years In Prison For Drug Trafficking
Former Chicago Bears receiver Sam Hurd, whom his own attorneys described as “a marijuana freak”, was sentened to 15 years in prison today by a federal judge for drug trafficking.
Hurd, 28, pleaded guilty in April to conspiring to possess and distribute cocaine and marijuana. he’s been in prisonm for more than a year, after a judge revoked his bond. Chicago Tribune:
Hurd was arrested in December 2011 outside a Morton’s steakhouse near Chicago after accepting a kilogram of cocaine from an undercover officer. Inside the restaurant, prosecutors alleged, Hurd told the officer and an informant that he wanted to buy 5 to 10 kilograms of cocaine and 1,000 pounds of marijuana weekly to distribute. Outside, he got into his vehicle and within moments police surrounded him. Authorities arrested Hurd, capping a more than year-long investigation.
He was an active player with the Bears at the time. Yeah, it all makes so little sense: unless Hurd just wanted to be a kingpin of some sort.
Excellent MMQB piece by Michael McKnight on Hurd can be found here.
Sam Hurd's 15-year sentence for a drug conspiracy is 228 times as long as the 24 days Donte Stallworth got for DUI manslaughter.
— Michael David Smith (@MichaelDavSmith) November 14, 2013
- Filed Under:
- sam hurd
- Controversy Hits The MMA Ring
- Paulina Gretzky's Provocative Golf Digest Photoshoot
- Jessie James and NFL Star in Provocative Shoot
- UFC 170 Salaries Revealed