- SPORTSGRID ORIGINAL: The Future Of The Knicks (As Told By An 8-Year-Old)
- Important News: Jose Canseco To Appear In Movie 'Piranha Sharks'
- The NCAA's Talking Bench Sounds Like A Prison Inmate On The Prowl
- Tim Donaghy Says The NBA Is Rigged, Probably To Get You To Buy His Picks
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Frank Gore Thinks 49ers Were Better Than Ravens, Frank Gore Is A Sore Loser
Good effort Sunday night, Frank Gore. Your 110 rushing yards and touchdown made you just the second player in Super Bowl history to rush for over 100 yards and score a touchdown in a losing effort. Not exactly an accolade you want, but not too shabby either. Still, as a team — pass interference call or not — you were outplayed for the better part of 60 minutes, but I guess nobody’s telling you to feel that way.
“It’s tough,” the Niners star running back said. “I just feel like we [were] the better team. They got away with one today. We showed we were the better team. It was just a couple plays here, a couple plays there.”
Yeah man, just a few plays here, a few plays there. If not for that Jacoby Jones 108-yard kickoff return TD, or that Jacoby Jones 56-yard touchdown reception, or that Colin Kaepernick interception, or that LaMichael James fumble, you guys totally would’ve won the game. Too bad all of those things happened.
“We could’ve ran on them all day,” he said. “We called plays that we thought [were] good, and things didn’t happen.”
Yeah, you could’ve ran on them all day. You actually did kind of run on them all day. And then your secondary was just like, whatever man. Silly secondary.
“I think we’re the better team,” Gore said. “[I'm] just happy the way we kept fighting. Any other team probably would’ve just laid down, and we let people know what type of guys we’ve got in the locker room, type of warriors we are. It just didn’t happen for us today.”
Good thing football plays a best 4-of-7 series, now you can go out and prove to them you’re really the better team.
[ESPN, Getty Images]
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story