- IS CLIFF LEE DONE?: MLB Trade Deadline Deals, Injuries, Tidbits And Trends
- Golfer Dustin Johnson Reportedly Suspended Six Months For Positive Cocaine Test
- Jonny Gomes' Last Words As A Member Of The Red Sox: 'Boston Strong'
- Madden 15 Cornerback Rankings Upset Puts Sherman-Peterson Beef To Rest
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Hurricane Sandy Has Pushed Back The NFL Trade Deadline
Due to a quiet yet significant rule change in the NFL this past offseason, the NFL trade deadline was moved back two weeks to Week 8. Tuesday at 4:00pm after Week 8, to be specific – which, by the way, is tomorrow. But Hurricane Sandy is on the east coast, and she’s brewing up quite the storm. So much so that many on the east coast (including us SportsGrid folk) are in danger of losing power.
To combat the possible loss of power and preserve the sanctity of NFL trade purity, the NFL is pushing back the trade deadline a few days, according to Adam Schefter.
As @profootballwkly reported, NFL’s trade deadline now officially moved back to Thursday, 4 pm.
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) October 29, 2012
So, there you have it. Hurricane Sandy is more powerful than Roger Goodell, to everyone’s surprise. Either that or Tim Tebow was about to be dealt, and God wanted Mike Tannenbaum to reconsider. I mean, Mark Sanchez has been awful this season.
- Filed Under:
- Hurricane Sandy
- Buffalo Bills Sammy Watkins Stuns with His Impressive Abilities
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- Miller vs Diaz Feud Is Getting Nastier
- Mehmen Destroys Gracie in Epic KO