- You're Drafting Rashad Jennings Way Too Late
- 49ers' Ray McDonald Arrested On Domestic Violence Charges
- This Is Totally Your Year: The 2014-15 Pittsburgh Steelers Season Preview
- Bob Arum: Pacquiao Mayweather Fight Going To Happen In 2015
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
Hurricane Sandy Has Pushed Back The NFL Trade Deadline
Due to a quiet yet significant rule change in the NFL this past offseason, the NFL trade deadline was moved back two weeks to Week 8. Tuesday at 4:00pm after Week 8, to be specific – which, by the way, is tomorrow. But Hurricane Sandy is on the east coast, and she’s brewing up quite the storm. So much so that many on the east coast (including us SportsGrid folk) are in danger of losing power.
To combat the possible loss of power and preserve the sanctity of NFL trade purity, the NFL is pushing back the trade deadline a few days, according to Adam Schefter.
As @profootballwkly reported, NFL’s trade deadline now officially moved back to Thursday, 4 pm.
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) October 29, 2012
So, there you have it. Hurricane Sandy is more powerful than Roger Goodell, to everyone’s surprise. Either that or Tim Tebow was about to be dealt, and God wanted Mike Tannenbaum to reconsider. I mean, Mark Sanchez has been awful this season.
- Filed Under:
- Hurricane Sandy
- Who's The Smartest Fighter in UFC?
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- 10 Hottest Moms in the Sports World
- Christy Mack, War Machine and Why the Internet Blames Women for Domestic Violence