- Hall Of Famer On Manziel: 'You're Not Johnny Football. You're Johnny Rookie Bitch'
- Ugly NHL-Themed Xmas Sweaters (An Idea We Thought Of First) Are Here
- MLB Trade Rumors, Injury Updates, Trends And News
- Rob Ford On A Teeter Totter Is The Reason The Internet Exists
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Jaguars Complete Miracle End-Of-Half TD Pass In Torrential Downpour
With six seconds left in the first half, the Jacksonville Jaguars would normally have turned to ace kicker Josh Scobee to kick a long field goal. But with conditions in Charlotte being more apt for the local NHL team’s nickname than the NFL’s Panthers, a kick was out of the question — which meant rookie Blaine Gabbert (in his first career start) had to attempt a touchdown pass in weather that made throwing, let alone catching, a ball difficult.
So of course he completed the pass to Mike Thomas and gave the Jaguars a 10-5 halftime lead in a feat we’re calling the “Rain Mary.”
Video from CBS.
Follow Timothy on Twitter at @bubbaprog.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts