- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 QB Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Hunter Pence Making World More Educated, One Library Book At A Time
- Your Comprehensive Guide To Giants-Royals World Series Intangibles
- KICKERS HAVE ALL THE FUN: Pornstar Tells Excellent Sebastian Janikowski Story
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
JaMarcus Russell Arrested In Sting Operation, Spectacular Downfall Continues
At this point, it’s absolutely surreal that JaMarcus Russell was ever a #1 overall pick in the NFL Draft. After playing and eating his way off the Oakland Raiders, who took him with that fateful No. 1 pick in 2007, he further tarnished his already-shattered image when he was arrested today for possession of a controlled substance. And it gets worse.
It wasn’t just any old run-of-the-mill arrest – it was part of an undercover sting operation. The “controlled substance” in question was codeine syrup. It’s a prescription drug, but as you’ve probably guessed by now, Russell did not have a prescription. The drug codeine is most widely used in making is commonly known as…
In a development that will surprise no one, people are already having their fun with news of Russell’s arrest, but also – I mean, this is pretty sad. The guy has a ton of talent (witness this throw – his arm strength is unreal), and the possibility he’ll ever come close to reaching his potential is getting slimmer and slimmer [insert joke about how Russell himself isn't getting slimmer here].
Hopefully Russell uses the embarrassment from this incident as a springboard to turn himself and his career around, but he’s got a long, long way to go to get there.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts