- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 QB Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Hunter Pence Making World More Educated, One Library Book At A Time
- Your Comprehensive Guide To Giants-Royals World Series Intangibles
- KICKERS HAVE ALL THE FUN: Pornstar Tells Excellent Sebastian Janikowski Story
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Jeremy Shockey Saved A Teammate’s Life
The public’s perception of Panthers tight end Jeremy Shockey? He’s kind of a jerk. But thanks to some quick thinking on his part (and one really, really hard slap on the back), maybe people will begin to think he’s slightly less of a jerk.
Fellow tight end Ben Hartsock had a piece of pork tenderloin become lodged in his throat in the Panthers lunchroom, and a drink of water actually forced the wad further into his windpipe. Trying to make his way to the bathroom, Hartsock was unable to breathe, and he collapsed.
A teammate attempted to give Hartsock the Heimlich Maneuver, which was unsuccessful.
Some new guy came and tried to give him the Heimlich. It didn’t work. Then, Shockey hit him in the back pretty hard and out came the meat.
It’s been a pretty big week for the Heimlich in sports, as a heroic beer vendor in Washington, DC also used the famous maneuver to save a choking child at a Nationals baseball game Thursday night. Luckily, both Hartsock and the boy weren’t seriously hurt by the incidents.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts