- The Most Powerful Photo From The Sochi Winter Games
- You Know It's Spring Training When Curtis Granderson Is Rubbing Your Butt
- Baron Davis's Comeback: Part 3
- Off The Grid: Rule Changes, Video Game Memories And Attempted Improv
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Jeremy Shockey Saved A Teammate’s Life
The public’s perception of Panthers tight end Jeremy Shockey? He’s kind of a jerk. But thanks to some quick thinking on his part (and one really, really hard slap on the back), maybe people will begin to think he’s slightly less of a jerk.
Fellow tight end Ben Hartsock had a piece of pork tenderloin become lodged in his throat in the Panthers lunchroom, and a drink of water actually forced the wad further into his windpipe. Trying to make his way to the bathroom, Hartsock was unable to breathe, and he collapsed.
A teammate attempted to give Hartsock the Heimlich Maneuver, which was unsuccessful.
Some new guy came and tried to give him the Heimlich. It didn’t work. Then, Shockey hit him in the back pretty hard and out came the meat.
It’s been a pretty big week for the Heimlich in sports, as a heroic beer vendor in Washington, DC also used the famous maneuver to save a choking child at a Nationals baseball game Thursday night. Luckily, both Hartsock and the boy weren’t seriously hurt by the incidents.
- Cavaliers' Andrew Bynum Suspended For Scandalous Affair?!
- 15 Hottest Daughters of Professional Athletes
- Real Basketball Wives That Cheated On Their Ballers
- Dez Bryant Releases Shocking Statement