- Cam Newton To Jerricho Cotchery, The Panthers' Sleeper Connection
- Penn State Wins Saturday's First Game With Last-Second Field Goal In Dublin
- Fantasy Football Draft Advice: Take A First Round QB, Like B.J. Upton
- Embattled Qatar Is Building An Entire City From Scratch To Host The 2022 World Cup
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
Jets Fans React To Darrelle Revis Signing In Grounded, Restrained Manner, As Expected
For those who still don’t get it, professional sports is a business, and as Jerry Seinfeld said, ultimately “we’re all rooting for laundry.” A bunch of bandwagon San Francisco Giants fans learned that recently when closer Brian Wilson, fresh off of shoulder surgery/rehab, hopped down the coast to sign with the hated Dodgers.
And now here’s former Jet Darrelle Revis, pulling up anchor on Revis Island and sailing that sucker to Massachusetts. Sure there was a stop in Tampa Bay on the way, but that didn’t seem to bother Jets fans very much. At least then, no jerseys were torched.
Last night and today — as it was announced that Revis would sign with the rival Patriots — it went all four-alarm blaze in New York.
— Call me Mac Bruh♎… (@StupyMacNuppy) March 13, 2014
— Spamuel™ (@SpamuelJohnson) March 13, 2014
@Revis24 I don't get you man. You hold the Jets hostage for more money yet you settle for a one year deal with our worst rival? Hurts, man.
— Starz31 (@EvanStarr) March 13, 2014
Oh, this isn’t helping.
— nfluk.com (@nfl_uk) March 13, 2014
Bucs fans were not as passionate. But what they lacked in vitriol, they made up for in sarcasm.
BREAKING: Tampa Bay set to release Darrelle Revis. pic.twitter.com/JKGJt0ad5g
— NFL Memes (@NFL_Memes) March 11, 2014
- Who's The Smartest Fighter in UFC?
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship
- Christy Mack, War Machine and Why the Internet Blames Women for Domestic Violence
- Miller vs Diaz Feud Is Getting Nastier