- Everybody Is Hating On The NBA's Sleeved Jerseys
- The Most Powerful Photo From The Sochi Winter Games
- Meet The World's Most Moronic Douche Bro: This UC Santa Barbara Fan
- Off The Grid: Rule Changes, Video Game Memories And Attempted Improv
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Here’s The Jim Harbaugh-Jim Schwartz Fight At The End Of 49ers-Lions
Today, the San Francisco 49ers handed the Detroit Lions their first loss of the season, 25-19. 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh, as he is wont to do, got excited at this. He was a little too excited for Lions coach Jim Schwartz, who said a few words to Harbaugh when the two had a brief handshake. Then…well, things got a little out of hand.
Players and various other intermediaries got involved, and the two ran parallel to one another for a while, and if there hadn’t been that small mob separating them, might have come to blows (which would have been awesome, though upon further review, Schwartz was going way, way crazier than Harbaugh). Whatever Harbaugh’s deal is, it’s clearly a deal that irritates many.
UPDATE: The NFL announced Monday evening there would be no fines for either Harbaugh or Schwartz. The incident didn’t strike us as fine-worthy, though it’s worth wondering, as Pro Football Talk’s Mike Florio did, whether the NFL is allowing coaches to get away with something players couldn’t. We’ll revisit this issue the next time Harbaugh gets under someone’s skin, which should happen in about, oh, eight seconds.
- Will There Ever Be Another Tony Gonzalez?
- Trade Bait: The Fate of Chris Johnson
- 2014 NFL Draft: Top 5 Running Back Prospects
- Tony Gonzalez: Absolutely Right About Matt Ryan