- The Vikings Are The Most Dysfunctional NFL Franchise Of This Century
- SNY Host Blasts Jeter As A Clown Fraud For Doing Gatorade Commercial
- Andy Murray Plays Both Sides Of The Net On Scotland Question
- We Thought Ticketmaster Was Screwing Us, But Now We Know It
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
This Is The Man Who Will Coach The Saints While Sean Payton Serves His Year-Long Suspension
Via the Saints’ official website comes news: Assistant Head Coach/Linebackers Coach Joe Vitt will “assume the day-to-day duties of Saints Head Coach Sean Payton” effective April 16. Payton is serving a season-long suspension for failing to put a stop to the team’s bounty system, and then lying about it to NFL commissioner Roger Goodell.
The problem with installing Vitt, of course, is that he has to serve a six-game suspension at the outset of the season for his role in the bounty scandal. According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, Saints offensive line coach Aaron Kromer will serve as interim coach while Vitt is suspended.
Payton made overtures to Bill Parcells after his suspension was announced, but after a brief flirtation, the 71-year-old Parcells informed him that he wouldn’t return to coaching.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts