- Fantasy Football: Week 8 Waiver Wire Pickup Power Rankings
- Peyton Manning Is Still Eight Touchdowns Behind Brett Favre, If You Include Pick-Sixes
- Of Course The Cowboys' Joseph Randle Has Signed An Underwear Endorsement Deal
- The Bucks Are Gathering Investors -- Will They Be Enough To Keep The Team In Milwaukee?
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Johnny Manziel Is Going Pro… Which Team Is Gonna Get Him?
As we recently told you, there was a realistic chance that Johnny Manziel stayed at Texas A&M after this season.
But, it doesn’t matter. He’s (reportedly) not staying.
2 sources tell @insidetheleague that Johnny Manziel will sign w/Houston, TX agency Select Sports Group.
— Darren Heitner (@DarrenHeitner) December 12, 2013
Darren Heitner is an agent and someone who would know something like this. Other outlets are running with the news, because there’s no reason to think this isn’t credible.
So, Johnny Football will be in the 2014 NFL Draft. He has essentially declared. The question is: Who’s gonna pick him?
It’s very likely that he goes in the first round. With Zach Mettenberger suffering a serious injury and Marcus Mariota staying at Oregon, it’ll be an upset if Johnny drops out of the first.
So, here are the teams that will strongly consider a quarterback in the first round:
Houston Texans (favored to get the No. 1 pick… but I’m not 100% convinced they will)
St. Louis Rams
New York Jets
Baltimore Ravens (hahaha that’s a joke, but only half-joking)
If Teddy Bridgewater comes out, as expected (though he’s reportedly not sure yet, he’s the odds-on favorite to be the top pick. But there’s no guarantee a team doesn’t pick Jadeveon Clowney over him. Or a different quarterback.
Basically, Manziel is a few clear steps behind Clowney and Bridgewater, unless a team falls in love with him. The next group is him, Derek Carr and Blake Bortles, probably. Then, it just comes down to whom teams prefer. It’s all a crapshoot.
If I had to guess, teams will be a bit reluctant to get him (height, ATTITUDE, etc.), so he’ll drop at least to the 10-15 range. But, I’m completely guessing. If that’s the case… maybe it’s the Jets or Cardinals?
I’m gonna go with Jets or Cardinals. I’m completely guessing. Some teams will probably hate him; others will love him. All I know is: Johnny in New York would make everyone’s heads explode, and as a Jets fan and sports blogger, I couldn’t be any more excited for the possibility.
What do you think? Chime in below, or on Twitter.
- Filed Under:
- Johnny Manziel
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts