- NFL Rookies Predict/React To Their Madden 15 Ratings
- Colin Cowherd Calls Out ESPN Producers For Pushing Baseball On Us
- SportsGrid's 2014 Pre-Camp NFL Power Rankings And Bold-Ass Predictions
- Floyd Mayweather Is Selling His Miami Oceanfront Condo For $2.6 Million
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Josh Brent’s BAC Was .18 The Night His Best Friend Was Killed
On the night Cowboys nose tackle Josh Brent drove drunk, crashed his car, and killed his teammate and best friend Jerry Brown, authorities took a blood sample. Although Brent refused a breathalyzer, the police could draw his blood against his will because someone died in the crash. The resulting blood alcohol level — 0.18 — was more than double the legal limit.
Via the Dallas Morning News:
According to one online blood alcohol content calculator, a person Brent’s size would have to drink about 20 shots over a four-hour period to reach that blood alcohol level.
According to Richard Alpert, a veteran prosecutor the News interviewed who’s not working this case but is “the leading national authority on drunken driving prosecution,” the next step is piecing together where and how Brent was drinking by using social media.
Some of that detective work has been done already. Via the Star-Telegram:
The accident occurred after Brent and Jones were returning from a night of drinking at a private club, Privae Dallas. According to the Twitter account of a club promoter, at least 12 Cowboys were in attendance that night.
Brent faces 20 years in jail.
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'