- Pretty Much Screwed: Why Your Team Won't Win The 2014 NBA Championship
- Here's How You Improve Golf's TV Ratings: More Mind-Blowing Trick Shots
- Best Job In Sports? Probably Michelle Jenneke's Butt-Masseuser
- A Formula 1 Pit Stop In 1950 Vs. Today's Is Pretty Damn Cool
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Witness Claims She Had To Beg Josh Brent To Pull Jerry Brown Out Of Burning Car Wreck
Stacee McWilliams, an eyewitness to the aftermath of the one-car crash that killed Dallas Cowboys practice squad player Jerry Brown, arrived on scene shortly after the crash occurred. Previous reports indicated that Josh Brent was seen pulling Brown out of the car, but, according to McWilliams’ testimony, that wasn’t the case. At least not at first.
Here’s the transcript of McWilliams’ version of events, via ProFootballTalk:
“’Josh looked at me and he said ‘(Brown) won’t get out of the car,’” McWilliams said. ‘And I said ‘well you can’t just leave him in there and let him die, you’ve got to help him. Go get him.” I commanded him several times and Josh looked at me again and he said ‘he won’t get out of the car’ and I told him ‘you can’t stand here and watch him die. You’ve got to get him out.’ He still didn’t move so I thought he wasn’t going to help at all.’”
McWilliams said as she returned to her car to retrieve her cell phone, Brent finally did tend to Brown and pulled him from the burning wreckage.
‘I want people to understand that Josh Brent is not a hero,” McWilliams said. ‘I keep hearing reports of how he was there to pull his friend from the fire but he had to be coerced and pushed and begged and pleaded to get his friend out of the fire and when he pulled him out, he just left him in the street. He didn’t tell him ‘hang in there, help is on the way.’ Nothing. He just left him there and I want the magnitude of that to be understood.’”
Of course Brent could have been in a state of shock, unable to handle the magnitude of what had just happened. The car was also on fire, and it takes a special sort of person to take the initiative in that situation.
But McWilliams then goes on to note that once Brent did pull Brown out of the car, he simply walked away.
Here’s the video of her recounting the disturbing scene, via the Dallas Morning News:
- Jessie James and NFL Star in Provocative Shoot
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.