- Our NBA Power Rankings: Once Again, Everyone Is Underestimating The Spurs
- U.S. Men Smashed The 4x400 Relay Record, Reportedly Received 'Love' Afterwards
- Minnesota Representative's Racist NBA Tweet Leaves A Big Mess
- Oh ... Oh No. Here's The Helmet An Arena League Team Will Be Wearing This Season
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Lawrence Taylor’s Somewhat Messy Fox News Interview Following Prostitution Arrest: “I Don’t Card Them”
Just hours after being sentenced to six years probation for patronizing a prostitute and sexual misconduct, football legend Lawrence Taylor gave his first interview on FOX News with Shep Smith. During the (at times odd) back-and-forth, Taylor seemed to, at least in part, blame his predicament on the prostitution system in America.
He also seemed somewhat surprised by the media firestorm that ensued after his arrest last year.
“I thought this thing would be over in a week,” said Taylor.
Taylor was originally charged with felony statutory rape, because he met a 16-year-old girl in an upstate New York Holiday Inn on May 6th, 2010, and paid her for sex. The girl’s attorney, Gloria Allred, alleges that the girl was beaten by a pimp into meeting with Taylor.
Taylor, for his part, said he “doesn’t card them,” in reference to charges that he should have known the girl’s age.
At the conclusion of the interview, Smith informed Taylor of an online poll that asked users which of the following characterized Taylor. Among the choices: the greatest football player of all time, a Dancing with the Stars contestant, or a joke. He then asked Taylor which of these portrayals best describes him.
“[I'm] whatever you want [me] to be,” he answered. Watch video of the interview here, courtesy of FOX News.
- 15 Hottest Daughters of Professional Athletes
- Which Golfer Has This Sick California Mansion?
- Real Basketball Wives That Cheated On Their Ballers
- Rare Photos of The Undertaker as a Teenager