- The Decemberists: Best Photos From Sunday's NFL Snow Games
- The 'Eli Manning Dislikes' Twitter Meme Is A Glorious Thing
- The Yankees Genius Strategy For Success: Get As Old As Possible
- Video Evidence Charles Barkley Is The Best American In America
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
Maryland News Anchor Works Through Complex Emotions After Ravens’ Loss, Should Probably Sit Next Few Plays Out
This is Marty Bass, a news anchor for WJZ-13 in Maryland. Marty knows what you’re going through, Ravens fans. And he’s here to help.
Yesterday’s heartbreaking loss to the New England Patriots in the AFC Championship was tough. Ask any psychiatrist, and they’ll tell ya. But, look: you woke up this morning, without question, one of the elite. For the last four years, you’ve gone to the playoffs. And when the rubber hits the road, it ain’t a bad thing to be a part of Ravens Nation. Or something.
Look. It sucks. Marty bit through a mouth guard last night. A mouth guard. He’s not even eating solid foods right now. The coffee and water is probably going right through him. But when it’s over, said, and done, where are you, Ravens fans? You’re at the top of the heap. And Bob Kraft’s wife passed away. He had a pretty good day yesterday, all things considered. It’s like when the Koreans beat us in soccer: they had a pretty bad year, too.
Okay, let’s look at the weather.
- 5 Fantasy Basketball Sleepers You Must Grab
- 24 Hilariously Unfortunate Names In Sports
- Pacquiao: Good Enough But Not the Same
- Devon Alexander Ripped and Ready For Showtime