- Greg Anthony On CNN: It's 'Your Opinion' That Adrian Peterson Is Guilty
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's Hawaii Mansion On The Market For $5.9 Million, Has Very High Door Frames
- 7 Shitty Things That Happened, Or Didn't Happen, In Fantasy Football: Week 2
- Colin Kaepernick Denies Saying Anything For Landmark 'Inappropriate Language' Penalty
- Manning, Elway Dispute Suggestion That Wes Welker's Suspension Was A Shocker
Matthew Stafford’s Fake-Spike-TD Is A Great Thing
After mocking Mr. Stafford earlier today for his humorous tackling abilities, well, credit where credit is due. Stafford had the last laugh on all of us with this with this inspired gamble: a fake spiking that turned into a 1-yard TD, giving the Lions a 31-30 win over the Cowboys. There were 12 seconds remaining and Detroit was out of time outs, so had Stafford not broken the plane, time likely would have run out.
Combined with Calvin Johnson’s mega-performance — 14 catches for 329 receiving yards — it was quite a day to be a Lions’ fan. Johnson’s total was the most individual receiving yardage in a four-quarter game in NFL history. The only player to have more was Flipper Anderson, who got 336 yards in overtime for the Los Angeles Rams vs. New Orleans on Nov. 26, 1989.
Also glorious: this Dez Bryant meltdown:
Jerry on Dez: It’s not an issue. I’m not trying to make light of it. But he’s a very passionate player and he competes and works.
— Charean Williams (@NFLCharean) October 27, 2013
- Filed Under:
- matthew stafford
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson Files for Divorce
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy