- 6 Fantasy Football Trade Tools Everyone Should Use
- Mere Humans Are Powerless Against The Might Of The Dallas Stars Jumbotron
- Will The Bengals Break The Patriots For Good This Weekend?
- Will Ferrell Just Yells At Derek Jeter For An Entire Four Minutes
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
Michael Sam Is Going To Win All Of Us Over, One ‘Back To The Future’ Reference At A Time
Because America affords all of its citizens the right to be an idiot, there is a Texas lobbyist — not a lawmaker, mind you — out there who wants to ban gay players from the NFL. Silly lobbyist, don’t you know that banning homosexuality is only something you can in Arizona, provided you’re super duper religious?
But gay people are coming to the NFL locker room, whether you’re cool with it or not (and based on the outpouring of support for Sam since his announcement, we’re guessing most of you are cool with it). In fact, they’re likely already there. We know they’ve been there before. So if you’re looking to save society, you’re way too late.
This fact isn’t lost on Michael Sam, who tweeted out this gem of a response to news that this lobbyist (referred to by his given name below) wants to supersede his own beliefs of keeping government out of the affairs of a private business and tell that business not to hire gay people:
Jack Burkman is going to need a Delorian, not some bogus bill, if he wants to prevent gay athletes from being in the locker room
— Michael Sam (@MikeSamFootball) February 25, 2014
Everyone likes a “Back To The Future” reference. If you’re against Michael Sam playing in the NFL — you poor, bored, backwards bastard, you — ask yourself if you’re really so different from him. You both like that movie, don’t you? Of course you do. Everyone likes that movie. Now shut up.
Photo via Getty
- Mayweather Jr. Vows to be Better Faster Stronger
- Brutal Photos: Manny Pacquiao And Chris Algieri Shanghai
- Shane Mosley Jr. Tastes The Bitterness of Defeat
- Christy Mack, War Machine and Why the Internet Blames Women for Domestic Violence