- Hunter Pence Did Not Know That Kansas City Is In Missouri
- Jimbo Fisher Literally Can't Even With These Jameis Winston Questions
- ESPN The Magazine Puts Out Hit Piece On Kobe Bryant, Says He's 'Destroying' The Lakers From Within
- Peyton Manning Is Still Eight Touchdowns Behind Brett Favre, If You Include Pick-Sixes
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Michael Sam Not Claimed On Waivers: Harry Styles Does Not Approve
As you know, Michael Sam, the first openly-gay player to be chosen in the NFL Draft, was cut on Saturday by the St. Louis Rams as they pared their roster down to the final 53 players. is now free to sign with an NFL team’s practice squad. So because Sam had such an impressive preseason, he was immediately snapped up by the
49ers, Jaguars, Panthers, Giants, Falcons, Raiders nobody actually. At least that’s assuming no one puts in a last-minute claim for him, which would have happened by now if it were going to.
So Sam is now available to be claimed by another team’s practice squad.
Harry Styles, who wore a Sam jersey for a concert on Friday, is likely bummed about this.
— St. Louis Rams (@STLouisRams) August 28, 2014
He had been battling undrafted rookie Ethan Westbrooks for a final roster spot. Westbrooks was one of nine defensive linemen to make the team.
Sam tweeted thanks to the Rams on Saturday for giving him a chance.
The most worthwhile things in life rarely come easy, this is a lesson I've always known. The journey continues.
— Michael Sam (@MichaelSamNFL) August 30, 2014
— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) August 31, 2014
- Filed Under:
- michael sam
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts