- The Best Running Backs To Snag Off The Waiver Wire This Week
- A DOUCHE IS BORN: SNY Host Blasts Jeter As A Clown Fraud For Doing Gatorade Commercial
- Falcons Fans Bro Out, Nearly Ruin Emotional Moment Between Deion Sanders And Devin Hester
- THE ONION: Fantasy Football In The NFL's Final Season Of Existence
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
Michael Sam Not Claimed On Waivers: Harry Styles Does Not Approve
As you know, Michael Sam, the first openly-gay player to be chosen in the NFL Draft, was cut on Saturday by the St. Louis Rams as they pared their roster down to the final 53 players. is now free to sign with an NFL team’s practice squad. So because Sam had such an impressive preseason, he was immediately snapped up by the
49ers, Jaguars, Panthers, Giants, Falcons, Raiders nobody actually. At least that’s assuming no one puts in a last-minute claim for him, which would have happened by now if it were going to.
So Sam is now available to be claimed by another team’s practice squad.
Harry Styles, who wore a Sam jersey for a concert on Friday, is likely bummed about this.
— St. Louis Rams (@STLouisRams) August 28, 2014
He had been battling undrafted rookie Ethan Westbrooks for a final roster spot. Westbrooks was one of nine defensive linemen to make the team.
Sam tweeted thanks to the Rams on Saturday for giving him a chance.
The most worthwhile things in life rarely come easy, this is a lesson I've always known. The journey continues.
— Michael Sam (@MichaelSamNFL) August 30, 2014
— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) August 31, 2014
- Filed Under:
- michael sam
- MMA Fans Protest Over Brock Lesnar
- 40-Year-Old Hot Mom Nabs Saints Cheerleader Job
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?