- IS CLIFF LEE DONE?: MLB Trade Deadline Deals, Injuries, Tidbits And Trends
- Golfer Dustin Johnson Suspended Six Months For Positive Cocaine Test
- Jonny Gomes' Last Words As A Member Of The Red Sox: 'Boston Strong'
- Madden 15 Cornerback Rankings Upset Puts Sherman-Peterson Beef To Rest
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Overstock.com Stadium – The Most Ridiculous Stadium Name Ever? Close.
The Oakland Coliseum will be renamed Overstock.com Stadium. The agreement will net the Oakland-Alameda Coliseum Authority, which runs the stadium, $7.2 million over six years.
Both franchises that share the stadium, the Raiders and the A’s, have indicated desires to leave their current digs, according to the Contra Costa Times. Overstock.com can opt out of the agreement if either team moves.
Overstock.com, the company itself, is in the process of re-branding itself as O.co. The company has reserved the right to change the stadium’s name, in anticipation of the makeover, at any time.
It’s an awful name, but it doesn’t come close to being the worst. That crown, I believe, will always reside in Indianapolis.
- Claudia Gadelha is UFC's First Strawweight Champ
- Why Are Buffalo Bills Fans Banning Bon Jovi Music?
- Buffalo Bills Sammy Watkins Stuns with His Impressive Abilities
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead