- The New York Post Is (Basically) Reporting That Steve Kerr Will Coach The Knicks Next Year
- A Legitimate, Unbiased, Behind-The-Scenes Look Into The 'Legends Football League'
- On-Deck Circle Of Doom: Youth Player Takes Foul Ball To The Eye (Video)
- Andrei Kirilenko Is Opening The First Russian Hooters
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Best. National. Anthem. Ever.
Jim Cornelison is so skilled at performing “The Star-Spangled Banner” before sporting events that the NHL’s Chicago Blackhawks hired him to do it full-time. The Chicago Bears, knowing when they have a good thing in town, invited Cornelison to sing the national anthem before today’s NFC divisional playoff game against the Seattle Seahawks. To say the least, he didn’t disappoint.
Performing before an already-raucous crowd, Cornelison “nailed” it, in the words of Bears reporter John Mullin (who’s presumably a bit more familiar with Cornelison than we were, prior to this). Rave reviews of Cornelison came in from all over, including CNBC’s Darren Rovell and PreSnapRead’s Paul Myerberg, a fanatical college football follower who said “BCS bowls should take note” of Cornelison’s talents.
Then, the game started, and the hometown Bears jumped out to a 21-0 lead. Just sayin’. Video of Cornelison’s top-notch performance below.
- Aaron Hernandez's Jailhouse Attack Victim Released
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Nelson Frazier Jr. aka Mabel, Big Daddy V Reportedly Dead
- Carmelo Checks Out Woman Sitting Courtside