- IS CLIFF LEE DONE?: MLB Trade Deadline Deals, Injuries, Tidbits And Trends
- Golfer Dustin Johnson Suspended Six Months For Positive Cocaine Test
- Jonny Gomes' Last Words As A Member Of The Red Sox: 'Boston Strong'
- Madden 15 Cornerback Rankings Upset Puts Sherman-Peterson Beef To Rest
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Best. National. Anthem. Ever.
Jim Cornelison is so skilled at performing “The Star-Spangled Banner” before sporting events that the NHL’s Chicago Blackhawks hired him to do it full-time. The Chicago Bears, knowing when they have a good thing in town, invited Cornelison to sing the national anthem before today’s NFC divisional playoff game against the Seattle Seahawks. To say the least, he didn’t disappoint.
Performing before an already-raucous crowd, Cornelison “nailed” it, in the words of Bears reporter John Mullin (who’s presumably a bit more familiar with Cornelison than we were, prior to this). Rave reviews of Cornelison came in from all over, including CNBC’s Darren Rovell and PreSnapRead’s Paul Myerberg, a fanatical college football follower who said “BCS bowls should take note” of Cornelison’s talents.
Then, the game started, and the hometown Bears jumped out to a 21-0 lead. Just sayin’. Video of Cornelison’s top-notch performance below.
- B.J. Penn Was Called "The Prodigy" for a Reason
- Dana White Speaks On Firing Chael Sonnen
- Soccer Kick and Knee Combo is KO of the Week
- Buffalo Bills Sammy Watkins Stuns with His Impressive Abilities