- Colbert Addresses Sean Hannity's Belt Whipping Adrian Peterson Defense
- Howard Stern Dude Interrupts Goodell Press Conference: 'Don't Take Me To An Elevator!'
- SNY Host Blasts Jeter As A Clown Fraud For Doing Gatorade Commercial
- The Best Running Backs To Snag Off The Waiver Wire This Week
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
New Gatorade Ads Feature Peyton Manning, Cam Newton, Bizarre Premise
Peyton Manning wants to see you sweat before he’ll allow his convenience store employees to sell you Gatorade: that’s the premise of this series of commercials, which while odd, still gives us a glimpse of what Manning would be like if he had chosen to become a store manager instead of a football player. And we thank Gatorade for that.
“Listen, I don’t know what kind of game you’re playing …”
We don’t know either. But you know the old saying in advertising: if you can get a random guy to run receiving patterns in the aisle of a gas station convenience store, then your hidden-camera commercial is effective.
That’s Rob Belushi (son of Jim) as the convenience store clerk, and the ads, by Wieden & Kennedy, are directed by Jody Hill (“Eastbound and Down”).
OK, this one, featuring Cam Newton, makes me feel like all of these are scripted, and the “customers” are actors:
Well OK: if she’s an actor, she’s actually pretty good:
- Filed Under:
- peyton manning
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts