- Jason Whitlock Explains Why The Seahawks Might Think Russell Wilson 'Isn't Black Enough'
- The Good, The Bad, And The Unsettling About Kevin Love's Role On The New-Look Cavs
- Royals Tried To Bribe 'Marlins Man' To Move From Seat Behind Home Plate, Failed
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 FLEX Rankings, Starts & Sits
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
New York Post Wins Headline War In Wake Of Giants Debacle
And we have a winner. The New York Post surprised absolutely no one by having the best/most ridiculous headline following the New York Giants‘ historic bedcrapping against the Philadelphia Eagles on Sunday. This, despite a surprising entry from the New York Times (the New York Times?!) and the always-strong Daily News.
The Post’s headline? “Giants Dog It.”
It works on a few different levels. First, there’s the obligatory allusion to Michael Vick‘s dogfighting past. This is well-tread territory for the Post, who absolutely loves to bring up the horrifying charges that sent Vick to jail for a year. Regardless of the outcome of yesterday’s game, they were figuring out some way to fit in a “dog” turn-of-phrase.
Next, there’s the photoshopped pooch heads on the Giants players. Can we talk about those for a second? Because those are just great. A chihuahua and an (obviously terrified) bulldog chase the elusive Vick, who will never be able to outrun his past mistakes (oh, how I love to over-analyze the extremely obvious messages of the New York Post!). Five stars.
[h/t Richard Deitsch]
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts