- Sorry Warriors Fans, But Plans For This New Waterfront Arena Have Been Scrapped
- Did Gilbert Arenas Win $100,000 Betting On 'His' Washington Wizards?
- This Is Why You Should Always Give A Foul Ball To A Kid (VIDEO)
- The Indiana Pacers And Their Fans Deserve Each Other
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Number 2 Ranked Oregon Shows The NFL How ‘Pink’ Is Done
Nike will auction off the helmets following Saturday’s game against Washington, and proceeds will go to the Kay Yow Cancer Fund, named after former North Carolina State women’s basketball coach Kay Yow who died of breast cancer four years ago.
[Via ESPN.com] “Nike says 25 helmets will be auctioned over the course of the week beginning Saturday. To add to the value of the helmets, some will be autographed by Oregon legends, including former quarterbacks Dan Fouts and Joey Harrington, former wide receiver Ahmad Rashad and Nike’s Knight.”
Pink gear has come under fire after it was revealed that only a small percentage of sales from pink NFL merchandise actually goes towards cancer research. The NFL has clarified that the manufacturers and stores carrying the goods do not participate in the “Breast Cancer Awareness” program, and thus, take their normal percentage for each item.
About the gear, the helmet is a color pink I haven’t seen since 1992. Hey, speaking of “pink” and “the 90′s,” remember this?
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story