- 2014 World Series MVP Madison Bumgarner -- By the Numbers
- Gilbert Arenas Has Finally Sold His Shark Mansion, After Removing Sharks
- Mike Tyson Beats Mike Tyson In Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!
- Survivor Pool Picks For Every Week 9 NFL Game
- Ace Jon Lester Makes Pitch For Young Pal Fighting Cancer
Number 2 Ranked Oregon Shows The NFL How ‘Pink’ Is Done
Nike will auction off the helmets following Saturday’s game against Washington, and proceeds will go to the Kay Yow Cancer Fund, named after former North Carolina State women’s basketball coach Kay Yow who died of breast cancer four years ago.
[Via ESPN.com] “Nike says 25 helmets will be auctioned over the course of the week beginning Saturday. To add to the value of the helmets, some will be autographed by Oregon legends, including former quarterbacks Dan Fouts and Joey Harrington, former wide receiver Ahmad Rashad and Nike’s Knight.”
Pink gear has come under fire after it was revealed that only a small percentage of sales from pink NFL merchandise actually goes towards cancer research. The NFL has clarified that the manufacturers and stores carrying the goods do not participate in the “Breast Cancer Awareness” program, and thus, take their normal percentage for each item.
About the gear, the helmet is a color pink I haven’t seen since 1992. Hey, speaking of “pink” and “the 90′s,” remember this?
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts