- The New York Post Is (Basically) Reporting That Steve Kerr Will Coach The Knicks Next Year
- A Legitimate, Unbiased, Behind-The-Scenes Look Into The 'Legends Football League'
- On-Deck Circle Of Doom: Youth Player Takes Foul Ball To The Eye (Video)
- Andrei Kirilenko Is Opening The First Russian Hooters
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Brother Of Former NFL Player Killed In Afghanistan: “He’s Not With Fucking God, He’s Dead”
Pat Tillman’s brother, Richard Tillman, recently appeared on the “Real Time with Bill Maher” to discuss his brother’s death due to friendly fire, the ensuing military cover up, and his criticism of John McCain and Maria Shriver at his brother’s memorial service.
Tillman was killed on April 22nd, 2004, in what Army officials called an exchange with hostile forces. It was the perfect story for recruiters: good-looking football star gives up everything, dies for country while battling the enemy.
But it was later revealed that Tillman was in fact killed by friendly fire from his own men, and that the Army had actively tried to cover up this fact. They even went so far going as to tell officials to lie to Tillman’s family members at the memorial.
Tillman’s brother, Richard, is still understandably angry. Here’s what he said when Maher brings up the possibility that Pat Tillman was “deliberately attacked” by the men in his company:
It’s definitely criminal, it’s ridiculous what happened. He shouldn’t have been killed the way he was killed. I wish he would’ve just lit these fucking idiots up with his own gun. ‘Cause he knew that they were shooting at him.
He also spoke on the comments he made at his brother’s memorial service. After McCain and Shriver spoke there, and made comments along the lines of “he’s with God now,” Richard Tillman said, “he’s not with God. He’s fucking dead. He’s not religious. Thanks for your thoughts, but he’s fucking dead.”
“I found it offensive. It’s like, I don’t go to a church and say, ‘This is bullshit,’ so don’t come to my brother’s service and tell me he’s with God. He’s simply not with fucking God.”
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Paulina Gretzky's Provocative Golf Digest Photoshoot
- The Bible Gets in the Way for Manny Pacquiao
- Aaron Hernandez's Jailhouse Attack Victim Released