- Colbert Addresses Sean Hannity's Belt Whipping Adrian Peterson Defense
- Howard Stern Dude Interrupts Goodell Press Conference: 'Don't Take Me To An Elevator!'
- SNY Host Blasts Jeter As A Clown Fraud For Doing Gatorade Commercial
- The Best Running Backs To Snag Off The Waiver Wire This Week
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
Brother Of Former NFL Player Killed In Afghanistan: “He’s Not With Fucking God, He’s Dead”
Pat Tillman’s brother, Richard Tillman, recently appeared on the “Real Time with Bill Maher” to discuss his brother’s death due to friendly fire, the ensuing military cover up, and his criticism of John McCain and Maria Shriver at his brother’s memorial service.
Tillman was killed on April 22nd, 2004, in what Army officials called an exchange with hostile forces. It was the perfect story for recruiters: good-looking football star gives up everything, dies for country while battling the enemy.
But it was later revealed that Tillman was in fact killed by friendly fire from his own men, and that the Army had actively tried to cover up this fact. They even went so far going as to tell officials to lie to Tillman’s family members at the memorial.
Tillman’s brother, Richard, is still understandably angry. Here’s what he said when Maher brings up the possibility that Pat Tillman was “deliberately attacked” by the men in his company:
It’s definitely criminal, it’s ridiculous what happened. He shouldn’t have been killed the way he was killed. I wish he would’ve just lit these fucking idiots up with his own gun. ‘Cause he knew that they were shooting at him.
He also spoke on the comments he made at his brother’s memorial service. After McCain and Shriver spoke there, and made comments along the lines of “he’s with God now,” Richard Tillman said, “he’s not with God. He’s fucking dead. He’s not religious. Thanks for your thoughts, but he’s fucking dead.”
“I found it offensive. It’s like, I don’t go to a church and say, ‘This is bullshit,’ so don’t come to my brother’s service and tell me he’s with God. He’s simply not with fucking God.”
- 10 Of The Most Gorgeous Women In Sports Today
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee
- Christy Mack, War Machine and Why the Internet Blames Women for Domestic Violence
- 10 Sexiest Female Tennis Players Ever