- YES!!!: WWE Star Daniel Bryan Chases Down Burglar And Foils Robbery
- How To Trade Fantasy Draft Picks For A Girlfriend (And Still Win Your League)
- Yasiel Puig Makes Dodgers History, Triples Three Times In One Game (VIDEO)
- Greg Maddux, Five Others Inducted To Baseball Hall Of Fame Today
- Power Ranking The Most Offensive Team Names In Sports History
Paula Deen Weighs In On Michael Sam, Further Proves She Has Absolutely Zero Idea She’s A Racist
We don’t normally give a rat’s ass what Food Network personalities say/think, but this ironic gem was absolutely irresitible. Deen, who caused a shit-storm last year because, to put it lightly, she has no idea what racism is. In all honesty, she admitted to using the N-word and has exhibited a casual acceptance of garden path racism. “I’m fighting to get my name back,” she recently told People Magazine.
One would assume that, changing your image as a racist would involve exhibiting an understanding that race isn’t something you judge/describe people by, because that insinuates the color of their skin is in any way relevant.
[People] “I feel like ‘embattled’ or ‘disgraced’ will always follow my name. It’s like that black football player who recently came out,” Deen said, according to TheWrap.com. “He said, ‘I just want to be known as a football player. I don’t want to be known as a gay football player.’ I know exactly what he’s saying.”
That’s right, a “black football player” shouldn’t be known as “a gay football player” because that puts him in a box, and people are individuals. A box, like, say, the “black football player” box. Unbelievable.
- Have You Seen Colin Kaepernick's New Tattoo?
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- Warren Sapp Admits to Stiffing Waitress at Bar
- Texans Draw Andre Johnson Trade Interest From Four Teams