- Broncos Fans Start Petition To Get Phil Simms Off Their TV Broadcasts
- Cardinals' Jonathan Dwyer Arrested For Domestic Violence (With Updates)
- WEEK 3: Grading The 4 Worst ESPN Fantasy Football Projections
- It's Up To Adrian Peterson's Viking Teammates To Save His Minnesota Career
- Manning, Elway Dispute Suggestion That Wes Welker's Suspension Was A Shocker
Paula Deen Weighs In On Michael Sam, Further Proves She Has Absolutely Zero Idea She’s A Racist
We don’t normally give a rat’s ass what Food Network personalities say/think, but this ironic gem was absolutely irresitible. Deen, who caused a shit-storm last year because, to put it lightly, she has no idea what racism is. In all honesty, she admitted to using the N-word and has exhibited a casual acceptance of garden path racism. “I’m fighting to get my name back,” she recently told People Magazine.
One would assume that, changing your image as a racist would involve exhibiting an understanding that race isn’t something you judge/describe people by, because that insinuates the color of their skin is in any way relevant.
[People] “I feel like ‘embattled’ or ‘disgraced’ will always follow my name. It’s like that black football player who recently came out,” Deen said, according to TheWrap.com. “He said, ‘I just want to be known as a football player. I don’t want to be known as a gay football player.’ I know exactly what he’s saying.”
That’s right, a “black football player” shouldn’t be known as “a gay football player” because that puts him in a box, and people are individuals. A box, like, say, the “black football player” box. Unbelievable.
- Claudia Gadelha is UFC's First Strawweight Champ
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'