- The Decemberists: Best Photos From Sunday's NFL Snow Games
- This Is How You Sonic? Missouri Fast Food Joint Apologizes For Racist Sign
- The Steelers Are Losing A Draft Pick Because Of Mike Tomlin
- Chargers Fans Make Giant Cutout Of Eli Manning As A Woman
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
What It’s Like To Have The Most Unfortunate Name Ever
It’s tough when you share a name with the most hated person in the country. Just ask Gerry Sandusky, longtime radio announcer for the Ravens and one of Baltimore’s most popular local sportscasters, whose name sounds exactly like Jerry Sandusky’s, the former Penn State assistant coach who faces 40 counts of sexually abusing children.
In the past two weeks, Gerry estimates that he’s gotten “a thousand” new Twitter followers. As you would expect, most of those new followers assume he’s Jerry Sandusky, and have taken to shaking their heads at him in disgust, asking him if he’s the guy who sexually assaults kids in the shower, and making jokes about the rough time he’s going to have in jail. Not surprisingly, Gerry’s Twitter feed has essentially turned into him telling people he’s not that guy.
Somehow, being mistaken for Jerry Sandusky multiple times a day has not caused Gerry to lose his mind. And amazingly, it hasn’t stopped him from being a gentleman, either — he recently told Esquire he hopes to handle this as “elegantly” as he can, and that by showing humor in this tough situation, he can “be a light for someone with far more serious problems.”
- What Will The Bears Do Without Cutler?
- Video: Alex Ariza on Freddie Roach Incident
- Shane Battier Discuses Future Female NBA Players
- Manny Pacquiao Claims He Has No Money