- ESPN Is The Distraction, Not Michael Sam
- Fantasy Football: Week 1 QB Rankings, Starts And Sleepers
- Just Kidding: Nebraska Wide Receiver's Behind-The-Back-Catch Is Already This Season's Best
- Grab Nick Foles, Watch For Tim Wright And Other Last Minute Draft Tips
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
The Referees Are Replacement Ref-Esque Blooper Machines Today
Today has been a special day for those “regular” refs we thought we really wanted back after being subjected to the incompetence of the replacement referees. Thank God the regular refs are back, right? Everything is good now?
If today is any indication, there may not have been any difference between them.
Exhibit A: Carolina vs. Washington
The first offense came with the Panthers driving against the Redskins defense. The Panthers looked to be on a roll. That is, until the referees intervened and induced Carolina quarterback Cam Newton into committing a delay of game penalty.
I’m no fan of Newton, but even I have to take his side here.
Exhibit B: Carolina vs. Washington again
The second offense didn’t really have an affect on the game. It’s more of an embarrassing moment for this referee in particular, who reacts to having the football softly tossed at him like he was just punched in the face.
Wake up, dummy.
Exhibit C: Miami vs. Indianapolis
The third and final offense (so far) comes from this referee crew that decided to leave their microphones one while discussing a disagreement over a play. Watch (and listen) as one referee loudly and profanely disagrees with his colleague.
Poor Kevin Harlan can only apologize for the gaffe.
Stay tuned to see if the refs can continue to pile on the bloopers as we get into the second half of Sunday’s NFL action.
[SB Nation, Larry Brown Sports]
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson Files for Divorce
- The Top 10 Hottest NFL Draft WAGs
- Arlovski Speaks up on Klitschko Brothers and UFC Return
- New England Patriots Cheerleader's Final Auditions