- Everybody Is Hating On The NBA's Sleeved Jerseys
- The Most Powerful Photo From The Sochi Winter Games
- Meet The World's Most Moronic Douche Bro: This UC Santa Barbara Fan
- Off The Grid: Rule Changes, Video Game Memories And Attempted Improv
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
The Referees Are Replacement Ref-Esque Blooper Machines Today
Today has been a special day for those “regular” refs we thought we really wanted back after being subjected to the incompetence of the replacement referees. Thank God the regular refs are back, right? Everything is good now?
If today is any indication, there may not have been any difference between them.
Exhibit A: Carolina vs. Washington
The first offense came with the Panthers driving against the Redskins defense. The Panthers looked to be on a roll. That is, until the referees intervened and induced Carolina quarterback Cam Newton into committing a delay of game penalty.
I’m no fan of Newton, but even I have to take his side here.
Exhibit B: Carolina vs. Washington again
The second offense didn’t really have an affect on the game. It’s more of an embarrassing moment for this referee in particular, who reacts to having the football softly tossed at him like he was just punched in the face.
Wake up, dummy.
Exhibit C: Miami vs. Indianapolis
The third and final offense (so far) comes from this referee crew that decided to leave their microphones one while discussing a disagreement over a play. Watch (and listen) as one referee loudly and profanely disagrees with his colleague.
Poor Kevin Harlan can only apologize for the gaffe.
Stay tuned to see if the refs can continue to pile on the bloopers as we get into the second half of Sunday’s NFL action.
[SB Nation, Larry Brown Sports]
- NFL Breaks 65-Year-Old Scoring Record in 2013
- John Fox The Sixth Head Coach To Lead Two Franchises To Super Bowl
- Super Bowl XLVIII: Seattle Dominates Denver 43-8
- What Has Brett Favre Been Doing After Football?