- Our NBA Power Rankings: Once Again, Everyone Is Underestimating The Spurs
- U.S. Men Smashed The 4x400 Relay Record, Reportedly Received 'Love' Afterwards
- Minnesota Representative's Racist NBA Tweet Leaves A Big Mess
- Oh ... Oh No. Here's The Helmet An Arena League Team Will Be Wearing This Season
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Rex Ryan Shows Up To Press Conference Dressed As Brother Rob (Photo)
Improbably, we have a new candidate for “favorite sports-related costume of the year” coming in a week and a half after Halloween. The New York Jets face off against the Cleveland Browns this weekend, and besides featuring the hook of Browns coach Eric Mangini facing his former team, there’s also Jets coach Rex Ryan squaring off against his brother Rob, the Browns’ defensive coordinator.
The two are extremely close, but could they possibly refrain from ribbing one another during the week leading up to their matchup? Of course not. And so you’ve got Rex showing up to a press conference today dressed like this:
…as a playful shot at his longer-maned brother. And the Browns gear was an inspired addition. Shutdown Corner’s Chris Chase would have also loved to see a faux goatee (fauxtee?), but hey, you can’t have everything.
Our real hope is that, in addition to taking whatever shots at Rex he chooses, that the length of his brother’s wig inspired Rob to grow his hair to the lengths it reached when he was with the Raiders. Because that was just awesome. Oh, and also for Rex to coach in that wig on Sunday.
[H/T and photo: SNY]
- Trainer Robert Garcia Spills Marcos Maidana secrets
- Marcos Maidana Drops Jaws
- Tyson Fury Returns to the Ring
- Does Ruslan Provodnikov Strike Fear In Juan Manuel Marquez?