- Your 'Sharknado 2' Roundup Post, With Link To Live Streaming, Updates, And The Best 'Sharknado 2' Tweets
- Football In San Antonio? Raiders Meet With City Officials, Eyeing A Move To Lone Star State
- Shocking Madden 15 Cornerback Rankings Put Sherman-Peterson Beef To Rest
- Fun With Baseball-Reference: These Dudes Actually Existed And Went By These Ridiculous Names
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Richard Sherman Denounces Fans Who Threw Food At NaVorro Bowman
If you’ve ever checked out Richard Sherman’s MMQB column on SI.com, you’d have to agree that it’s, um, quite an experience. One part propaganda machine, one part interesting NFL insider and one part BS, it’s most likely the wave of the future: a way for pro athletes to get their message out there immediately without the inherent confines of Twitter.
In Monday’s column, among other things, Sherman referred to the play in which he was called for holding in the NFC Championship Game as “A BS call.” Which of course, if you saw the replay, isn’t true. Sherman holds on nearly every play, and occasionally gets caught. But a lot of DBs do that.
Most interesting to me however was this graph by Sherman on 49ers’ linebacker NaVorro Bowman, who suffered a torn ACL during a goal-line stand and was carted off the field: only to be met with a shower of popcorn by Seahawks fans as the cart entered the tunnel. Sherman:
“One thing I can’t accept is what I read after the game about Seahawks fans throwing food at 49ers linebacker Navorro Bowman as he was being carted off the field with his knee injury. If it’s true, it’s beyond terrible. That’s as low as it gets. I’m sure whoever did this is in a small minority of fans, because I don’t think that kind of action is an accurate representation of the character of the 12th man. Navorro Bowman is a great player who plays the game the right way. When he went down, I dropped to a knee and prayed for him. He deserves better than having food thrown at him as he’s carted off a field. All players deserve better than that.”
I guess with all the searching for Michael Crabtree photos, Sherman hasn’t had time to check lout the many videos and gifs of Bowman being subjected to a rain of popcorn.
Also, in case you missed it, Sherman has apologized for his post-game rant directed at Michael Crabtree. Although he has not done that publicly.
“I apologize for attacking an individual and taking the attention away from the fantastic game by my teammates,” Sherman told ESPN’s Ed Werder. “That was not my intent.”
Talk about BS. This man seems just 10 or 11 years from making a diplomacy trip to North Korea.
- Filed Under:
- Richard Sherman
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- 10 Of The Most Gorgeous Women In Sports Today
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee
- Brett Favre Shows Off His Bulging Muscles