- Now This Is The Way You Play Foosball (Rio Carnival Slideshow!)
- College Basketball Top 25: So, We're Just Gonna Let Villanova Into The Top Three?
- The Fantasy Sports Network Has Launched, And You Can Watch It Live, Right Now
- Remember When Dennis Rodman Was Insanely Good At Rebounding Rather Than Just Insane?
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Richard Sherman Denounces Fans Who Threw Food At NaVorro Bowman
If you’ve ever checked out Richard Sherman’s MMQB column on SI.com, you’d have to agree that it’s, um, quite an experience. One part propaganda machine, one part interesting NFL insider and one part BS, it’s most likely the wave of the future: a way for pro athletes to get their message out there immediately without the inherent confines of Twitter.
In Monday’s column, among other things, Sherman referred to the play in which he was called for holding in the NFC Championship Game as “A BS call.” Which of course, if you saw the replay, isn’t true. Sherman holds on nearly every play, and occasionally gets caught. But a lot of DBs do that.
Most interesting to me however was this graph by Sherman on 49ers’ linebacker NaVorro Bowman, who suffered a torn ACL during a goal-line stand and was carted off the field: only to be met with a shower of popcorn by Seahawks fans as the cart entered the tunnel. Sherman:
“One thing I can’t accept is what I read after the game about Seahawks fans throwing food at 49ers linebacker Navorro Bowman as he was being carted off the field with his knee injury. If it’s true, it’s beyond terrible. That’s as low as it gets. I’m sure whoever did this is in a small minority of fans, because I don’t think that kind of action is an accurate representation of the character of the 12th man. Navorro Bowman is a great player who plays the game the right way. When he went down, I dropped to a knee and prayed for him. He deserves better than having food thrown at him as he’s carted off a field. All players deserve better than that.”
I guess with all the searching for Michael Crabtree photos, Sherman hasn’t had time to check lout the many videos and gifs of Bowman being subjected to a rain of popcorn.
Also, in case you missed it, Sherman has apologized for his post-game rant directed at Michael Crabtree. Although he has not done that publicly.
“I apologize for attacking an individual and taking the attention away from the fantastic game by my teammates,” Sherman told ESPN’s Ed Werder. “That was not my intent.”
Talk about BS. This man seems just 10 or 11 years from making a diplomacy trip to North Korea.
- Filed Under:
- Richard Sherman
- Trainer Robert Garcia Spills Marcos Maidana Secrets
- Marcos Maidana Drops Jaws
- No More Mr. Nice Guy: Manny Pacquiao Gets Real
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success