- Injuries to Green, Charles & RGIII Exact Their Toll
- Who Screwed The Jets Harder Yesterday: The Officials, Or The Jets?
- The Crotch-Grab Incident: Jonathan Papelbon Ejected For Adjusting His Cup
- Carmelo Anthony: 'Ain't Nobody' Would Want To Play For The Atlanta Hawks
- Manning, Elway Dispute Suggestion That Wes Welker's Suspension Was A Shocker
Rick Reilly Basically Calls His Father-In-Law A Liar, Then Says ‘Bob And I Are Good’
In other words: “Sorry dad, but you’ll have to go under this bus for awhile, until this thing blows over.”
Responding to the tumult over the he-said-he-said of his Washington “Redskins” column, Rick Reilly has responded to accusations by his Native American father-in-law that the latter was misquoted in the column. Here’s the backstory. Reilly just now on Twitter:
While I stand by the reporting in my Sept. 18 column about the Washington Redskins nickname controversy, and (cont) http://t.co/Khv6MU2bmN
— Rick Reilly (@ReillyRick) October 10, 2013
While I stand by the reporting in my Sept. 18 column about the Washington Redskins nickname controversy, and felt I accurately quoted my father-in-law in the piece, clearly he feels differently. This is an incredibly sensitive issue, and Bob felt he had more to say on the subject after that column was posted on ESPN.com. We’ve spoken and cleared this up. I admire Bob and respect his opinions, and he’s welcome to express them. Bob and I are good and I’m looking forward to my next steak with him.
My guess on what actually happened:
REILLY: “Hey, you almost got me fired. And if that happens your wife has to give back her new car and a lot of the jewelry. So cool it. And in case ESPN calls, say it was all a misunderstanding.”
BURNS: “You’re a dick. But OK.”
Otherwise, it’s Reilly calling his father-in-law a liar … or indicating that the guy is too senile to remember what he said about a hot-button topic about his own people.
Also that he can be bought off with a steak dinner. And waiter, don’t forget the weak sauce with that steak. And bring a side of sad, everlasting regret.
— Will Cubbison (@wccubbison) October 11, 2013
- Filed Under:
- Rick Reilly
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- Damon Martin Joins Press Row
- Top 10 Most Gruesome MMA Leg Injuries
- Alexander Gustafsson's Trainer: 'We Are Not Happy'